Status: Hiatus. Not sure how long, sorry.

What Does L-O-V-E Spell?

It Should Have Been Me

Malfoy was shaking his hand and there was a bit of blood on it from where it had connected with Ike's jaw. "You ok?" he asked me, still shaking his hand. I nodded. "Alright, I'm gonna go take out the trash." he said as he grabbed Ike by the ankles and dragged him out the door. He returned a few minutes later and sat on the side of my bed.

"Oh my god Malfoy, your hand!" I said taking his hand in mine and examining it. There was some blood and his knuckles were swollen twice the size.

"It's no big deal." he shrugged. He winced in pain as I gently touched one of his knuckles.

"I think it's broken! Oh my god, this is all my fault! I feel so terrible!" I started to cry.

"Aw, Kaylie! Don't cry!" he said, half laughing and pulling me into a hug. "I'm the one that forgot my wand in our room cuz I was in a hurry to get back here! I didn't even think about it until I couldn't find it! I forgot I had to use yours to mend you. I was too pissed off by what he was saying to you. Where did you learn that spell by the way?"

"My brother used to use it on me a lot."

"Your brother? Wow, harsh."

"Yeah, well Max is three years older than me so we didn't get along really well when we were younger. When he started Hogwarts I got really jealous and used to pick fights with him during the summer when he came home. I would just attack him out of nowhere. He learned it from a friend and used it to keep me away from him." I wiped the tears away from my cheeks. "But then my parents died and he was sent to live with my grandma in Italy and we became really really close. I haven't seen him in about two years though."

"Did he go here?"

"Yeah, til his third year, when my parents were killed. Some of the teachers made remarks that they hoped I didn't take after him when I first got here. I guess he was a bit of a trouble maker. Slytherin, of course." I smiled. I looked at him. "That was a really good hit though. I'm really sorry you hurt your hand."

"Kaylie, stop. You saved me! We're even ok?"

"No we're not. We are nowhere CLOSE to even. You saved my LIFE, Draco! I probably saved you from having tenticles growing out of your ears or something." We both laughed.

"Okay, so maybe you DO owe me big time. I tried letting you off the hook, but nevermind! Just remember that when I come to collect." he smirked.

"Ha, alright, whatever you say."

"Hey! You still owe me a massage!" he said suddenly.

"What?" I said, trying to keep from smiling, knowing exactly why I owed him. "What for?"

"The first night we were here, remember? You made me get up and turn off the light?" he said, excitedly.

"Oh, that." I said, not able to contain my smile anymore.

"You remembered this whole time didn't you!" he said, seeing my smile. "You little brat!" he said, poking me in the arm.

"Brat?! Wow, I haven't been called a brat since I was eight!" I laughed.

"Well you are a brat! You're just lucky I feel bad for you or I would make you do it now. My lower back kinda hurts from carrying some plump girl all the way fom the forest." he joked.

"PLUMP!?" I yelled. "Are you freaking serious!?" I pushed him off the bed and he landed on the ground with a THUD!

"Hey! I was totally kidding! That was payback for calling me fat in the carriage, remember?" he said, sitting back on my bed.

"Does this really look plump to you?!" I said as I lifted my shirt to show off my flat stomach. I expected some smartass comment, but instead, I saw a look of sadness in his eyes. He gently ran his fingertips along my wounds. He looked like he was trying very hard to hold back tears. "Draco? What's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand on top of his.

"It should have been me." he said simply, still feeling the scars on my stomach.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He looked straight into my eyes, his own gorgeous steel blue ones filled with sadness.

"It should have been me that got attacked, not you. You don't deserve anything that's happening to you right now. The attack, Ike. You've never done anything to deserve a punishment such as this. Me? I've done plenty! I should be the one punished, not you!" he said angrily, a single tear escaping his beautiful eyes. He looked away.

"Oh, Draco," I said, wiping the tear away. "Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this was meant to give you a chance to be the hero, show your good side, and for me to wake up to reality and stop thinking nothing bad is going to happen to me anymore." I smiled. "Plus, it's a good thing it was me that got attacked not you." He looked up at me.

"Why is that?" he asked, confused.

"Cuz," I shrugged. "You would have died right there in the forest. I couldn't carry you. You're fat, remember?" He half laughed, half sobbed. "I know you feel bad, but this is in no way your fault okay? You saved me and I am forever thankful." I held my arms up for a hug. He leaned down and put his arms around me, burying his face in my neck. I heard his ragged breaths and I knew he was still trying not to cry. I squeezed him tighter. "You should go get some rest." I told him. He shook his head.

"I'm staying with you. I'm not going to let anything else happen to you." he said into my neck. The feel of his hot breath made me shiver. I tried to ignore the fact that I was in his big, strong arms and his hard stomach was gently pressed against mine. I had to come back to reality before I floated away.

"Well then how about we ask the nurse if we can just go back to our own room. I won't be able to sleep here, neither will you." I suggested. He sat up, his eyes a little bloodshot.

"Can you even move?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah," I said, attempting to sit up. Pain shot through my entire body, but I did my best to ignore it as I sat up. "Plus, I'll have my big strong hero to help me anyway." I winked.

He smirked. "Alright, alright, I'll go get her. Sit tight." he said as he went to go get the nurse. Madam Pomfrey came out in her nightgown.

"You want to LEAVE?! My dear, you were attacked! You need rest and proper care!" she said, looking at me like I was crazy.

"With all due respect, Madam, I feel a lot better and I know I will not get anymore rest in here. I would be much more comfortable in my own bed. Plus, I will have Draco to watch over me, and he knows the incantation in case my wounds happen to reopen. I really would appreciate it." I said in my best sad voice. She continued to stare at me.

"Well, alright," she said. "Let me give you one final look over and I'll let you go. But I want you back here tomorrow so I can check your progress. And you're not to go to lessons until at least next week, understood? And I do not want you out of Mr. Malfoy's sight. Any complications, you come back here immediately, you understand?" she said as she lifted my shirt to look over my scars.

"Yes ma'am. Oh, and could you please look at Draco's hand? I think it's broken." I said. He glared at me until she turned to look at him.

"What happened to your hand?" she asked, examining it.

"Well..... You see..... I.... Um..." he stammered.

"I accidently pushed him off my bed and he landed on it. I feel terrible!" I answered for him.

"Hm, yes, some minor breaks, nothing major. Here," she said, pulling a green potion out from under my bed. "Drink this and you will be fine."

He drank it and made a disgusted face. "I hate this stuff." he said.

"I know, I wish we could make it taste good, but then it doesn't work. Believe me, we have tried. Now," she said, turning back to me. "I want you to be very careful and stay in bed alright?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you for everything." I said, standing up. Malfoy came over to help me. I did my best to walk out of the room on my own, so she wouldn't change her mind. Once outside the doors though, I almost collapsed.

"Whoa there!" Malfoy said, grabbing onto me. He lifted me up and carried me bridal-style all the way back to the dorms. Luckily, the common room was empty. "Alright," he said as we entered our room. "Your bed or mine?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, in order for me to properly watch over you, I need to be as close to you as possible. Which means we share a bed." he said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, is that so?" I laughed.

"Yes it is." he set me on his bed. "Now, do you want pajamas?" I shook my head. "Naked?" he asked, wide-eyed and hopeful.

"Nice try." I laughed. "No, just bra and underwear. The material from my shirt is rubbing too much. It's uncomfortable."

"Sounds good to me." he smirked, helping me stand up so I could take off my pants. Then he sat me back on the bed and pulled off my shirt. I saw the lust in his eyes as he looked at my almost naked body. He pulled off his own clothes until he was just in his boxer-briefs.

Gah, gah, gah, gah
................... I told you so
Gah, gah, gah, gah
Oh for heaven's sake, stop acting like a drivling idiot! It is only a stomach! And abs. And a sculpted chest. And perfect arms. And...... Gah, gah, gah, gah.......

He smirked when he saw me staring at him. I think he flexed all of the mucsles in his body on purpose. Or maybe they just did that on their own. Either way, he came and hepled me into bed and went to turn off the light. As soon as darkness filled the room, I freaked out.
"DRACO!" I yelled, throwing the blankets over my head and hiding.

"What? What's the matter?" he asked urgently, jumping onto the bed.

"The dark! I don't like it! It scares me!" I said from my safe hiding place.

"Oh, Kaylie," he laughed as he crawled under the blankets. "Get up here." he said, pulling them off of my head. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. Do you need a night light?" he joked.

"No, but you could turn on my iPod." I suggested in a really little girly voice.

He groaned. "Grrr, alright. But only because you said it in the extremely cute voice." he said, leaning over me to get to the stereo. I instantly became aware of his masculine smell, his chest inches away from my face. I closed my eyes and inhaled. Oh god, it was like heaven. He leaned back over to his side of the bed. "There, it's on shuffle I think." 'Welcome to my Life' by Simple Plan came on.

"Wow, how appropriate." I commented.

"How so?" he asked, pulling me into him. I laid my head on his shoulder and buried my face in his neck.

"You have to listen to the lyrics." I cuddled so far into him that I was practically on top of him. I didn't care. It made me feel safe. I started singing into his neck. "You don't know what it's like to be like me. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark. To be kicked when you're down, to feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breakin down, and no one's there to save you. Yeah, you don't know what it's like... Welcome to my life." I felt him shiver. "Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With their big fake smiles and stupid lies, while deep inside you're bleedin'." I continued. He held me tighter. I started to cry a little bit. "No one ever lied straight to your face, and no one ever stabbed you in the back. You might think I'm happy, but I'm not gonna be okay! Welcome to my life."

"God Kaylie." he whispered huskily.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm a terrible singer." I said, wiping the tears from my face.

"No, actually you are an amazing singer. That is definitely not the problem." he said.

I sat up a little and looked at him. "What's the problem then?" I asked.

"The problem," he said, raising himself to my level. "Is having an incredibly hot, sexy, half naked girl next to me, breathing on my neck with that amazing voice of hers, and resisting the urges I want so badly to give in to."

"Oh, " I said. "Well, what are your urges?" I asked innocently.

"Well," he said, leaning closer, so our faces were almost touching. "The first is to get you out of the rest of your clothing." he said as he trailed his fingertips along the back of my bra, making me shiver involuntarily. "The second is to kiss you. The third is to place more kisses all over that gorgeous body of yours. And the fourth," he smirked. "Well, I'm sure you can guess what the fourth is."

"Well," I whispered into his ear seductively. "What if I allow you to give in to one of those urges?"

"Mmmmmm, really?" he groaned.

"Yeah, really." I said, tracing my fingertips along his sculpted chest, up his neck, and rested my hand on his cheek. I tilted his face to mine and touched my lips to his. I could tell I had surprised him, but only for a second. I pushed him back onto the bed and laid on top of him. He put one hand in my hair and the other on my lower back and pulled me into him. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. I could feel his prefect body against mine, smell his intoxicating masculine scent, feel his mouth exploring mine. I moaned softly. I felt him smirk against my lips. I smacked him on the arm.

"Hey," he said, breaking the kiss, but staying a whisper away from my lips. "What was that for?"

"You were smirking!" I said.

"Yeah? And you were moaning." I hit him again. "Hey! It was really sexy, that's all!" I hit him again. "Stop that!" he laughed.

"Shut up! You're not supposed to have that effect on me and it pisses me off!" I said.

He smirked again. "Oh, just give in Evans, you know you can't resist me!"

"Oh yeah?! Wanna make a bet?" I said.

"Okay." he said as he pulled me back into another mind-shattering kiss. Damn! He made me melt! My entire body relaxed against his and I moaned again. He broke the kiss to say "I win." and I nodded and pulled his lips back to mine.

DRACO'S POV

Holy shit.... That was the most incredible kiss I have had in my entire life! And believe me, I've kissed plenty of girls. It was the most passionate, sensual, erotic, yet innocent kiss I have ever experienced and it rattled my brain. I wasn't even thinking about sex anymore, I just needed that kiss to continue. Forever. I needed to feel her body against mine, to let my hands roam over her gorgeous curves, to feel her hands explore my body.

I made my way from her lucious lips, down her jawline, along her neck and planted light kisses along her collarbone. She moaned soflty and entwined her fingers in my hair. It drove me absolutely nuts, hearing her moan like that. I continued on my path, down her chest, over the top of her beautiful breasts, down to her stomach. I gently kissed one of her wounds and felt her wince a little.

"I'm so sorry, Kaylie. Did I hurt you?" I asked, making my way back up to her mouth.

"No, they're just tender, that's all." she reassured me.

I buried my face in her neck and took deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

"You ok?" she asked, running her fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just trying to calm down before this goes any farther than it should."

She kissed the top of my head and put her arms around me. "Thank you Draco. I'm sorry I'm not ready yet."

I hugged her back. "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. I'm actually not even thinking about sex right now. Honestly!" I added when she snorted with laughter. "I'm just mesmerized by you and I don't want to stop kissing you, but I'm afraid that if I don't, this will progress into something you're not ready for. Now you need to go to sleep. Come here." I said laying on my back and pulling her into me. She laid her head on my chest, arm across my waist, and leg over my crotch. I was still hard from being so close to her and when she noticed this, she giggled a little. "Shut up! You've got me so turned on I'm surprised I was able to stop!" I kissed her forehead. "Goodnight Kaylie."

"Goodnight Draco." she said as she cuddled into me as much as she could. I held her tight and let my mind wander. I thought back to the forest. The dog.... It looked so.... Familiar. I know I had seen it before, but where? I closed my eyes and tried to think. I was so tired though, I gave up in a matter of seconds. It will come to me, I know it will. I came back to reality and heard Kaylie snoring softly on my chest. I kissd the top of her head and closed my eyes, drifting off into a blissful dreamland
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. My writer's block is so intense. I'm honestly just trying to keep myself alive and healthy at the moment. Everyday is some new thing that just makes me want to say fuck everything and end it all. I've resorted back to cutting after breaking the habit 6 years ago, I've come close to OD-ing on different pills three times and I've just taken off in the middle of the night to get away like 5 times. Got as far as San Rafael which is like a 3 hour walk from my place before my brother noticed I was missing. Today I got so heated and pissed off I punched a solid wall and broke my finger and sprained my wrist. So needless to say, things in life aren't going well for me right now. Oh, and I'm sick on top of everything. So I'm honestly sorry about not posting shit.

Please comment and let me know if you guys even care if I continue with this story? I'm not going to demand a 'certain' amount of comments, but let's just say if I don't get much feedback I'm just gonna put this on indefinite hiatus and probably end up deleting it. It would be one less stress in my life but if you guys enjoy this, let me know.

Ok, I'm done. Oh, except you should enter my contest. At least check it out.

Listening To: Dead In Ditches - Hollywood Undead
Current Mood: Depressed and trying to get tired. Looks like another night of sleeping pills for me....