Cynical Relations

Chapter One;

The halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry were filled to the brim with students of all ages as they trailed back to their respected dormitories to unpack after their very short school break that had been spent with their families. In the four separate house common rooms students were getting comfy with their old friends of the past few years and were mingling with those around them in the plush seating areas. Old enemies were reunited in the halls and spiteful words were thrown from one house to another. No, nothing had changed in the school.

Lacie Horncroft’s status within the school had not changed either over the passing holiday. The sixth year witch was still invisible to her fellow students that it seemed like they would just walk straight through her if given the chance. Lacie believed that the sorting hat had made a wrong judgement the day it placed her in the Slytherin house and so did the rest of the house. Immediately she had become an outcast with her personality not fitting that of a Slytherin with the girl being quiet and not at all outspoken. Being in that particular house though had taught Lacie how judgmental people could be with the fact that no one in the other houses dared speak to her as they automatically presumed that because she was wearing green that she was to be avoided.

***

The misplaced Slytherin girl wandered the halls after unpacking her bags and putting everything back where it used to be. Her long brown hair flowed down her back in waves as she walked, holding a book to her chest as she went. Lacie was wearing her own clothes as she hadn’t any lessons until the following day. She had a song stuck in her head that she had heard whilst back at home and she couldn’t help but hum it to herself. Her parents were both purebloods but were known are blood traitors to those around them - not that they cared though. Now however, the sixteen year old had sensed a tension that was between them and though her parents thought of her as naïve, Lacie knew something was wrong on her visit. She never dwelled on the thought for too long though as she knew her parents would tell her if something huge was going on.

Darkness had flooded the castle but Lacie still walked the castle halls in her own little world. She came to an outside balcony and leant against the cool stone as the moonlight reflected off of her milky white skin. The student was aware that the curfew for students was soon to set about and so turned back around and headed back down towards dungeons so that she could enter her dormitory. Six years of being invisible had slowly taken it’s toll on the young witch, leaving her feeling lonely and like a misfit among her peers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is only short but it's just a small introduction. Reviews are appreciated and so is constructive criticism. I'll post the second chapter tomorrow, I promise there'll be a lot more action in coming chapters :)