Cynical Relations

Chapter Ten;

The previous night, dinner in the great hall had gone without a glitch. Lacie had avoided Draco at all costs and refused to look up at him all through dinner. She had finally seen sense and realised that he was probably using her, just like he did those other girls she had seen him with throughout their years at Hogwarts.

She was lying in her bed that Wednesday morning, trying to will herself to go downstairs. The thick duvet held her in a green and silver silk cocoon as she lay on her side, staring at the heavy curtains that hung around her. Lacie had been lying there with her long brown hair splayed out around her just thinking when she finally found the will to move when her stomach grumbled loudly. Reluctantly she pulled on an old pair of jeans that were torn on the knees and on the thigh in places, a simple camisole and her old zip up sweatshirt.

***

Lacie hugged her sweatshirt close to her body as she walked out of the great hall after she had eaten. She had avoided Draco and had sat as far away from him as possible, refusing to look up from her plate though she could feel eyes burning into her. She was heading back down to the dungeons when she saw Snape stalking back to his classroom.

“Professor Snape!” She called out and picked her pace up to catch up to him. Snape stopped when he heard her voice and turned to look at his student curiously.

“Yes, Miss Horncroft?” She offered him a small smile as she reached him.

“I was wondering Sir, do you need help brewing any potions for the hospital wing? I know how busy Madam Pomfrey gets at this time of year.”

“It’d be a pleasure to have your assistance, Miss Horncroft. Come to my classroom whenever you’re ready,” Snape spoke before turning and leaving the girl standing in the hall. Lacie smiled to herself, she truly did love potion making. She was about to walk away when two arms slithered around her from behind, making her jump and tense her body.

“Lacie, why have you been avoiding me?” As soon as she heard his voice, she relaxed

“I’m making sure no one finds out that you are hanging around with me,” Lacie didn’t want to particularly talk to him about her doubts about his true feelings yet but she had a feeling that she was going to have to.

“And why would you do that?” Draco asked with a hint of amusement in his voice as he turned Lacie around in his arms. His arms were linked around her so that their abdomens were pressed together so that she couldn’t easily pull away from him. Lacie avoided looking him in the eye and instead looked to the creamy white skin of his arm.

“It’d damage your reputation if they knew. I know how this all works Draco, I’ve seen you do it with other girls - you’re affectionate with them, but only in private and in front of everyone else you act like they’re just some other girl,” A brief looked of surprise flicked across the blonde’s face before he withdrew one of his arms from around them and brought it to her face.

He softly traced her skin with his fingers and then gently titled her head so that she was looking at him. Draco’s other arm tightened around her, drawing her body even closer as he attentively kissed her. As their lips drew apart, he rested his forehead against hers and connected his icy blue eyes with her warm brown ones.

“Lacie,” He started, his voice being softer than she had ever heard it before, “I’m different with you, I actually want people to know about us.”

“How do I know you’re not just saying that?” She asked, not being able to help but question what they had, it seemed too good to be true.

“Well why don’t we make this all official and you be my girlfriend?”

“This is all happening rather quickly Draco. I mean only four days ago you were threatening me and forcibly pouring potions down my throat,” Lacie said softly, missing the flash of annoyance in the blonde’s eyes.

“I already told you that I’m sincerely sorry about all of that,” He sighed, pressing a kiss to her cheek. “I care about you and I swear never to hurt you again.”

“I will,” Lacie said softly, almost inaudibly.

“Huh?” Draco pulled back slightly to look at her confused.

“I will be your girlfriend,” Immediately Draco grinned and smashed his lips against Lacie’s, deepening the kiss more than usual. She pushed him away after a while and pulled out of his arms.

“I have to go. I told Snape that I’d help him with some potions,” She said softly and went onto her tip toes, pressing a kiss to his lips. She had done it without thinking and blushed immediately afterwards.

“I’ll see you later then,” Draco kissed her softly again before they went in their separate directions. Lacie disappeared down to the dungeons where she proceeded to help Snape whilst Draco went back to the great hall where Blaise Zabini awaited him.

“She’s never going to crack,” The dark skinned boy said as he sat back down at the table.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that, Zabini,” Draco said smugly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear Lacie, what are you getting yourself into :(

Thank you so much to the new reviewers. And everyone that has subscribed :D
Next chapter will be longer, but this one had to end here.