Cynical Relations

Chapter Twenty-Three;

When she finally got up to the Owlery she smiled as she saw a familiar face.

“Hey! You’re out!” Ron grinned, “How’re you feeling?”

“Much better thank you,” Lacie smiled and sought out her little Tawny owl and began to fuss over him slightly.

“You doing anything later?” Lacie shook her head slightly and handed the letter to Tyro. “Well how about you come and meet everyone?”

“Who’s everyone?” Lacie questioned slightly worried, she wasn’t exactly the most sociable of people at the best of times.

“Uhm Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna - you know, just them lot really,” Ron spoke as he also sent an owl off with a letter.

“Yeah okay, sure, I’m free now if you want?” Lacie couldn’t help but smile at Ron. She felt happy when she was with him and she never doubted him at all.

-

It’d been a rough year for her so far but Lacie was strong and she had a strong will to keep her going. She had a group of friends that she thought she could rely on now, at the beginning she was a bit of an outcast but she soon settled in and came out of her shell.

Lacie changed as a person, she became more confident but this new persona wasn’t all great - the Slytherins despised her even more for being seen with the golden trio and Draco especially made snide comments whenever he walked past them. Snape too had changed, he wasn’t so welcoming or kind to the girl that now helped him brew potions less due to her new friendship group.

Lacie Horncroft’s life had definitely changed during her sixth year at Hogwarts but so much was changing in the Wizarding world also.

The untimely death of Albus Dumbledore at the end of the student’s sixth year was the spark that ignited the fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow majorly shit ending and i know i said i'd update on thursday but i didn't have as much time as i thought i would and then i went away for my birthday :) Thank you all for reading Cynical Relations and thank you to those who subscribed and those of you who bothered to comment. There may be a sequel as it's quite an open ending but I'm sure you'll remember how long it took me to write this one so who knows if i'll ever get around to actually posting it :'). I've got a feeling quite a few of you won't like how i ended it but nevermind :) Thanks for reading x