Status: Active

Welcome to High School.

First day

It was finally the day! HIGHSCHOOL!

I jumped out of bed, grabbing the clothes I had already picked out and rushing to the washroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, slapped on my skinny jeans and pink halter top, and put on eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush, lip gloss. Everything. This was high school and I needed to look my best!

I descended down the steps to find my mom frying bacon in the kitchen, I also noticed the eggs sitting on the counter.

“Hey mom!” I kissed her on the cheek.

“Hey dear,” She replied, smiling at me. “Here, have some bacon and eggs.”

Mom offered the plate she had already piled the food onto, to me.

“Mmm, mom, it’s okay, I’m already running late”

I grabbed a bagel and ran out the front door, barely hearing my mom wishing me good luck.

Since the school I was going to didn’t have a bus system I either had to get a ride from my mom or bike to school. I chose the second one, I could not have my mother embarrass me in front of everyone. I love my mother and all, but she has a slight tendency to be annoying at times and I knew if I let her drive me she would keep fixing my hair and telling me to pull my shirt up. Not exactly the best impression to give off to everyone else.

So, after fifteen minutes of biking I finally reached Beverly high.

I smoothed down my blonde, now straight hair, nervously. It was usually wavy but today I decided to straighten it.

Out in the fields I could see my friends chatting with each other.

Oh god. What is she wearing!

One of my friends, Sara, was wearing a plaid skirt the went to her ankles and a white long sleeve peasant blouse. Before I never minded what she wore but today it was a little bit much.

I was battling with myself thinking whether I should go to them or not.

If I did, I could ruin any chances I have of becoming popular, but no one was really talking to me so I guess I should just go down there.

Sighing I walked down the hill.

Yes, our school was placed on a hill, not a huge one just a small one.

“Hey guys.” I reluctantly greeted them when I reached to where they were standing.

A chorus of “Hey Anna!” was the reply I got.

I smiled, I had always been the popular one of the group but that didn’t mean much since our group was not popular at all.

But this year I was going to change that, and I was determined to do it.

As the shrill bell rang, all the grade 9’s rushed inside, we were all excited to see which teacher we got as our homeroom.

I went inside the gym and looked through all the pages that were glued to the wall for my name.

When I finally found it, I scanned through the list to see if any of the popular people were in my class and one of them was! Ashley.

She has always been my role model, I looked up to her and wished to be just like her. She was always wearing the hottest trends and all the guys drooled over her. Oh how I admired her, and today was my chance to talk to her in Mr. Giovanni’s class, which was our homeroom!

All the teachers entered the gym.

A man that appeared to be in his 40’s, with a balding head was standing in front of us.

“Hi, you guys can call me Mr. Giovanni and the group of you are going to be in my class! We are going to have a lot of fun this year! So, if you all will follow me into your classroom.” Mr. Giovanni informed us.

Everyone started heading the way he was leading us to.

As we were all climbing up the steps, I searched the crowd for Ashley and there she was! Looking bored as she was walking up the stairs. I guess it’s a good thing that none of her friends are in this class or I would never have the chance, or the courage to talk to her.

“Ok! So, this will be your home room for this school year” Mr. Giovanni’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked over his shoulder to take a glance at the classroom. It was a fairly big classroom, the walls were white with posters taped to one side of the room saying things like ‘You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take’ and motivating things like that.

“Your seating arrangement will not be from your last, but your first name, so when I call your name take the seat I point to.”

He started of my calling a girl named Amanda first, then me and then ASHLEY! I guess it’s a good thing there aren’t that many student’s in this class whose names start with an A.

Could life get any better?

I was sitting next to Ashley!

I took a moment to admire her clothing choice and how pretty she looked.

Ashley was wearing a pink mini skirt with pink diamonds on the hem of it (not real ones) and a simple white tank top with a pink camisole on top of it. I really wanted her silver heels that were about four inches tall and covered in glitter. She could make anything look good with her blonde hair that was in curls today, and it framed her oval shaped face nicely. She had stunning blue eyes, a straight nose, and big lips that were now covered in a maroon shade of lip gloss. Perfection in my opinion.

This was my chance to talk to her.

“Ashley…hi.” I greeted her, lamely I might add.

She looked up from her phone, glaring.

I did not know how she managed to hide the phone while the teacher was right there.

I gulped, what was she gonna say?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, she's pretty annoying and cares about her reputation a lot. But that's how i want her to be, for now. i mean come on, nobody's perfect in real life.