‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Observant

My eyes swept across the letter my daughter had sent me. I usually didn't pay much attention to them, sure, I loved Lorelai with all of my heart, but sixteen year old girls don't have anything interesting to say after a while. But then I saw the words 'coming home', and I screamed in excitement. Logan came running into the bedroom, sometimes I think I should wait to let out my excitement; especially when he's in the shower. His face was worried, and I started laughing. "You don't scream, then start laughing, Anni!" He shouted and went back into the bathroom.

"No, no, no!" I said, still laughing. "I've got good news!" He poked his head through the bathroom door and looked at me with raised eyebrows. I patted a spot on the bed next to me, and he walked in with a cautious look on his face. "Oh stop it, it really is good news," I tried my hardest to look serious before telling him : "Lorelai is coming home next week!"
Maybe I should explain why our daughter isn't in the X-Mansion with us. We decided we'd let her try out the normal world for a couple of years, and sent her to live with some close friends of Xavier's. She liked it, of course, but I'm sure she missed her father and I. Who wouldn't miss us? Things hadn't changed much over the years. Logan and I still looked like we did sixteen years ago, Jasey was still gone, the Professor still wheeled around the halls of the mansion, and the school was still accepting new students.

Logan looked at me with a confused expression, "Uh, Anni," He bit his lip to hold back laughter. "She told us this last night on the phone."

My eyes grew wide as I started to remember. Sometimes I didn't pay attention to our phone conversations as well, I guess you could say I wasn't a very observant person when it came to our daughter. I then glared at Logan, "Well I was busy when she called."

"You were holding the phone," He couldn't hold back his laughter now.

"Shut up!" I smacked his bare back and he took in a deep breath. "It's not my fault that the other times she called me was about 'school this, parties that'. Excuse me for being a good parent."

"You call that parenting?" I hated when he teased me.

"I'm really close to just going back to our old room," I said, my eyes sending him the deadliest look. He then started laughing hysterically, but instead of packing up my clothes and going back to the mansion, I tackled him over the side of the bed and started smacking at his chest like I was in a slap fight in high school. He just kept laughing, and I regretted not ever working out. Of course he was stronger than me, of course I couldn't kick his ass. "Stop laughing or I'm going to destroy your baby maker!" I screamed. I'm sure the whole school heard that one, and my hypothesis was confirmed when somebody knocked on our door.

Logan hopped up, put a towel around his waist, then stuck his tongue out at me before answering the door. It was Xavier. I could only hear mumbles from where I sat in our bedroom, so I put on my robe and followed Logan to the living room; He was still trying to stop laughing as he opened the door. "Sir," Logan said with a welcoming smile.

"What were you two doing?" He asked, one of his eyebrows arching.

Before Logan could answer, I got to it first. "We were working on a battle to the death."

"Ah," Xavier laughed, I smiled in return. "I'm sorry I interrupted."

"You shouldn't be," Logan said, pointing to the hand prints all over his chest.

"You should consider getting dressed, Logan," The Professor chuckled. "Mind if I come in?"

Logan was about to protest, but I once again interrupted him. "Of course not," I stepped out the way and he wheeled himself in, parking himself next to the fire place. "Would you like something to drink?" I shouldn't of asked. He knew our fridge was packed with beer and juice.

"Something non-alcoholic would be nice," He said, his eyes slowly moving to Logan, who was already walking out of the kitchen with a beer in his hand.

"What?" He asked before taking a drink.

"It's seven in the morning, babe," I sighed.

"Best time to open a beer!"

"Oh, but of course," I rolled my eyes as I poured Xavier a glass of orange juice. I sat down his drink on the table nearest to him, then sat down on the couch. "So, I'm assuming you've heard the good news?" I held up the letter from Lorelai, Xavier simply nodded with a warm smile.

"Someone forgot she was told last night," Logan said, I threw a magazine at him, which he easily blocked. "And now she's mad that I'm a better parent."

"I hate you," I muttered. I'm sure I would of remembered, I was tired when she told me; at least that's my story for now. I handed Xavier the letter, "Now you tell me that most of that is something someone would be bored listening to."

He read it much quicker than I did, then shrugged. "She's a teenager, I believe you were the same sixteen years ago, and you weren't even a teenager at the time."

I slapped my knees, "I'll never win!"

---

That one week of waiting for my daughter's arrival was horrific. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I was definitely ready to see her again. The last time I had seen her, she still looked like a little girl. I'm sure she'd look older now, like Jasey and I, she didn't grow very fast. So it was definitely going to be a surprise if she hit a growth spurt during the two years she's been gone.

Logan and I waited near the main entrance of the X-Mansion for Lorelai; I guess you could say Logan was more patient than I, since I was bouncing up and down on the steps, occasionally getting up to look around or to pace back and forth. "You're like a dog waiting for it's owners to come home," Logan sighed.

"You would know, Dog Boy." I smirked and sat back down next to him. Of course he hated when I called him that, why else would I say it? He narrowed his hazel eyes at me and I was so tempted to run my hands through his carefully styled hair, just to get him a bit more pissed off.

"You've got that look," He said, I could tell he was holding back a grin.

"And what look would that be, my dearest?"

"You're plotting something. Something that'll make me mad," He raised his eyebrows, "Am I right?"

I pushed his shoulder and sighed, "I wish you didn't know me so well." We sat in silence for a bit, I could sense something was different. I didn't feel alone, sure I was with Logan, but after sixteen years of being around him, you get sick of him. Before I could turn around to face what was making me feel this way, our daughter was standing in front of us.

"You two are gettin' old," She said, she had a huge wad of bubble gum in her mouth. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at us. Logan had his hands over his ears, with good reason, might I add. "Oh lord," She said as she slapped her own hands over her ears quickly. I let out the loudest scream I've ever made, then tackled her with a hug. Many kisses attacked her face as she tried her hardest to push me away. "Jesus christ, Mom!" She shoved me off of her, it was official. My own child was now taller than me. "It's only been two years!"

"Two years of loneliness!" I cried and pulled her into a hug yet again. Logan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me off of her, I grinned. "How do you feel about a sibling, Lore?"

At the same time, her and Logan both exclaimed, "NO!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, a new chapter will be up ONCE a week. Why? Because it isn't summer time, and Alissa has school, and I'm lazy. Plus, this helps ensure that you all will get a nice shining chapter without delay. =]