‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Dreams

As my daughter stormed away, my shoulders fell. I stared at the ground underneath me and tried to swallow the lump forming in my throat. She had Jasey's fiery passion to fight, something that had skipped me all together and didn't show much in Logan. He knelt down behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his lap. He knew just the sound of her name would ignite some kind of emotion in me, and what Lorelai had just said started a huge fire.

"She doesn't understand," I cried and buried my face into Logan's neck. My arms pulled on him tighter and tighter, as if being any closer to him would calm me down. "She just won't listen to me when I say how important she is to us."

"Anni, this was bound to happen," He said into my hair. "Just be happy it didn't happen sooner."

I sighed and nodded, it was time for us to go back home. I made Logan give me another piggy back ride, this time I had pity on my side. Lorelai still hadn't come home, but Logan assured me she was safe, I didn't know if he was right, but I took his word for it. After drinking a few of my favorite alcoholic drinks, I was ready to go to sleep.

---

A voice was calling out to me, one I hadn't heard in sixteen years. I was running towards it like a rabid animal, desperate to find the source. I didn't even know where I was, all I could see was darkness, and underneath me was a thick mud that greatly decreased my speed. "Jasey," I screamed, turning in every direction to see if I could find her.

"Why'd you do it?" Her voice was quiet, so close to a whisper. She pushed an image of Logan stabbing her into my head and I began crying. "I didn't want to die! I was mourning, you promised you'd protect me!" Her voice was beginning to rise.

"I'm so sorry," I sobbed. "You were so unhappy, I didn't want you to go either, I swear!" I fell to my knees in the mud and shook my head. I thought it was what she wanted, but she was right. I should have stopped her, I should have done everything in my power to keep her with me.

"You wanted to get rid of me, didn't you? You wanted to be alone with Logan, and you thought I was in the way, didn't you?" She was screaming at me now.

"No!" I shouted back. "You were more important to me than anyone else!"

"Liar!" Her tone was harsh, so harsh I flinched. She pushed yet another image into my mind, one of her with blood dripping from her mouth and one of her hands on Logan's shoulder. "Do you see what he did to me? The man you love
murdered me, Anneliese. You didn't even leave him after that, and you kept that disgusting kid of his. You're pathetic."

Guilt filled my body, and I hung my head. "I'll do anything to get you back, Jasey, I swear. Anything for you to forgive me!" Suddenly it became light, and I could see my sister standing right in front of me. My breath caught, this couldn't be happening. She couldn't of really been standing in front of me, I reached out and grabbed her leg. She was really there. "Jasey," I muttered and wrapped my arms around her legs. "Just tell me what I have to do for you to forgive me."

She reached down and grabbed my hair, pulling me up tightly. I paid no attention to the pain, I was desperate to help her. We were face to face, and her icy gaze was directed right at me. "Kill Logan. Even if you get hurt, even if you are kicked out of the mansion, make him pay."

I nodded and hugged her, "I promise I won't let you down."


It was still dark when I opened my eyes, and they were crusted with dry tears. Logan was sleeping peacefully next to me. Pain filled my heart as I changed my hand into a set of claws similar to his and sat up to face him. I wanted to say something to him, to ask him to forgive me for what I was about to do, but no words escaped my mouth. I stood up on my knees and gently rested one blade on the side of his neck as tears fell from my eyes. I closed my eyes and put more pressure on the blade, when a strong hand grabbed my wrist. I opened my eyes to a worried and infuriated Logan. He flipped me around to where I was on my back and his blades were at my neck. "What the hell are you doing, Anni?!"

"I promised Jasey!" I shouted and kicked him off of me, he went flying back against the wall and I jumped from the bed to pin him up against the wall. "This is the only way she'll forgive me," I said with a shaky voice. He tried pushing me back, but I had gained my strength back, a strength I only got when I was defending my sister. My blade was making a cut in his neck while he choked against the pressure of my other arm that was holding him there.
I was concentrating so hard on killing him, that I didn't hear our bedroom door open. I didn't hear someone getting closer to us. "Mom?" My daughter's scared voice said, "What are you doing to him?" All it took as her voice for my strength to leave me for a quick second, and in that second Logan managed to grab both of my arms and pin them behind my back while his knee pushed me into the ground.

"Go get Xavier!" Logan shouted as his knee dug deeper into my back. She ran out of the room, I could hear her screaming for help as she sped away, and soon enough there was a crowd in our bedroom.

"Get out!" I screamed. I was shocked at the sound of my own voice, it sounded so savage, so desperate to kill. I thrashed under Logan's grip, but he was much stronger than me now. I must have blacked out, for when I woke up, I wasn't in our home.

My hands were chained behind my back, and none of my powers were working at all. I was sitting on a hard cot in a white room, and I immediately knew where I was. I was no longer an X-Men, I was now a study subject for the Professor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, this chapter damn near made me cry while writing it. I would never try hurting Wolvie if he were my husband, but...well, Anni is a bit crazy. Comments, comments, comments! And for the Roach, sleep!