‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Purpose

Our home, once filled with laughter and joy and always loud, was silent. It wasn't sitting well with me. Why would mom, one of the most stable people I've ever met, attack my dad? And why would my Aunt Jasey, the woman that loved everyone and went back to hell to keep them safe, tell my mom to kill her husband? It wasn't right, and it seemed I was the only one that thought that besides dad.

Dad had his head in his hands, sitting in the corner and glaring at the floor. His hands were shaking, clenched so tightly that I could see the prominent veins through his rough skin. I could practically feel his anger, and I didn't blame him. Mom and dad's relationship was more than just love. It was more than those romances you always hear about. I truly, with every fiber in my being, believed that they were soul mates designed for each other. There wasn't anything else to it. Mom and dad were mates, and his mate being in a cell was killing him.

With a sigh, I stood from my seat, walking to my parents bedroom to see if I could get any memory of what had happened. The Professor, who was there for the same reason, looked over at me with a sad expression. Ignoring him, I went and sat on my mom's side of the bed, laying back and closing my eyes. Sometimes memories were easier to pick up on if I acted out their actions. Almost when I was asleep, I sighed again, standing and shaking my head at the Professor when he looked at me.

Ignoring everyone else, I walked back to the mansion, headed towards the observation room where my mom was. What I saw made tears come to my eyes. My mom, who always looked strong to me, was trembling, her eyes darting around the room as if she were in a trance. I could practically smell the fear radiating off of her as I stood there, staring at my hero and trying to figure out what had happened.

After an hour, I finally heard footsteps and the unmistakable sound of the Professor's wheelchair. My dad stood next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we stared at my mom. The Professor sighed before entering the observation room to begin the mental evaluation. My mom glared at him, trying to hide the fear in her eyes, but as she spoke dad and I heard nothing.

"She didn't do it on purpose," I murmured, clenching my fist as I watched the Professor try to calm her down. Dad nodded, rubbing his free hand over his face.

"I know." He replied, squeezing my shoulder as mom finally began to calm down. The anger in me spiked, however. No one hurt my family and got away with it as long as I had anything to do with it.

"It's not her fault! Why the hell do they have her chained?!" I screamed, turning to my dad with tears on my cheeks. Dad was silent as he stared ahead, but I could see tears in his eyes, too. With a growl, I pulled myself away from him, turning and walking towards the Danger Room.

Dad watched after me with worried eyes. "Lore, where-"

"I'm going to train. Whoever put that image in mom's mind will do it again." I reasoned, raising my hand to him as a small goodbye as I continued on my journey. My hands were clenched so hard that I could feel my skin on the verge of breaking, but I ignored it. My mom needed my help now. I could take this pain, considering how much her, my dad, and my Aunt went through. Someone was attacking us, and I wasn't going to sit by and ignore it.
With a growl, I pushed open the Danger Room doors, knowing full well who was on the other side. Bobby's head, which had been bent over a computer, snapped up as I made my loud entrance. Rogue stood beside him, and standing behind her was Kitty, Piotr, Nightcrawler, Angel, and Pyro - who had returned after the death of Scott. All of their attention turned to me as I walked to the computer and took control, going through the lists of mutants that I could. Kitty leaned over to Bobby, whispering something in his ear to which he nodded.

Approaching me slowly, Bobby grabbed my hand, causing my attention to snap to him and a snarl to escape my lips. "Lorelai, take a break. It's going to be-"

"Don't you even fucking say okay, Robert Louis Drake, because my mom was just attacked, and that isn't okay, not one bit!" I snapped, pulling my hand from his grasp and turning back to the computer. I was trying to find a list of mutants that could implant ideas, memories, or thoughts, but there weren't any hits and I was really getting pissed off.

Bobby was silent for a moment before he spoke again, quietly. "You have to understand that with your mom being under attack, we're next. We have to be able to control ourselves-" Yet again, I cut him off.

"And why, dear Bobby, do you even think that I started this underground team? So we could design new fucking costumes and act like all is well? No! I came to you with an idea, and that was to train the hell out of ourselves so we could actually defend ourselves instead of having to depend on everyone else. I'm sick of that. I can fight, and I will fight, and if you don't want to get the hell out of here," I growled, turning away from him and back to the computer. It was silent for a moment until Nightcrawler laughed, nudging Angel next to him.

"Let's get training then, hm?" He asked, and I smiled brightly at him. Maybe, I'd finally be able to do what I had always dreamed of; fight with my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?