‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Drugs Please

My whole body shook as Xavier came into the room, and I stared at the ground with a hurt expression. Did I really just try killing the man I had given my heart and life to for sixteen years? "Anneliese," Xavier's deep voice asked me firmly. I looked up at him, hoping I didn't look as feral as I felt. "Do you know where you are?"

I looked around the room I was in, making sure I was correct about my surroundings. "The observation room," I said hoarsely. He nodded, but did not give me that smile of his that not only wanted to see, but needed to see.

"Do you know what year it is?" He asked.

"2025," I replied. He was acting like I had gone insane, that made me realize that the only reason I was here was due to my insane actions. "How's Logan? Lorelai?"

"You managed to nick Logan's neck, but his healing factor quickly took care of that. I didn't speak to Lorelai, but I can tell she was shaken by the whole ordeal," He sighed and rubbed his temples with his thumb and index finger. "Why did you do it, Anni?" His tone had changed from the firm one he had earlier, to a tone I was more familiar with : One of worry.

I shook my head in shame. "I had a dream about Jasey," As the memories of her words came back, tears welled in my eyes. "She said it was my fault she was dead. I was desperate to gain her forgiveness, she said the only way she'd forgive me was if I killed Logan. She even showed me what he had done to her. I was so angry at him, but above that, I wanted my sister back. I thought maybe if I did what she said, she would come back."

He nodded, a nervous look was overtaking his face. Something wasn't right, I knew that from the second I woke up. But anything related to my sister I had to believe was normal, even if she was asking me to kill someone she knew I adored. He was silent for a moment, he was obviously trying to think. "Your family is very concerned about you, and now I am more concerned than I originally was. I don't think that was Jasey you saw, Anneliese.
Whoever you saw was somebody trying to attack one of our most powerful men, and they used you to get to him. Do you understand?"

"But how would they know about Jasey?" I couldn't believe what he was saying. Yes, what happened with Jasey so long ago was one of the most memorable moments of anyone associated with the X-Men's lives, but how would they know to use me? Logan and I usually stayed hidden, and there was really no proof of our relationship other than Lorelai.

"I don't know yet, but we need to keep you here for a few days," He sounded upset to be keeping me in observation for so long. "Please understand that it's just to ensure that they don't try to do anything like that to you again."

"What about the students? Logan?" I cringed at the next thing I said. "What if they try to do that to Lorelai? You have to stop them, I can't let her get more involved then she already is!"

"Don't worry," He finally gave me the smile I needed so badly. "I'll be hard at work until we figure out who is doing this, and what their motive is."

I sighed. "I guess sixteen years of peace really wasn't normal for you guys, huh?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "No it wasn't. And now that it's happening, I'm afraid everyone might be a bit rusty. Whenever you can be released, I recommend you begin training as soon as possible."

"Of course I will," I said quietly. "I'm guessing I wont be released from these cuffs anytime soon?"

"Sadly, we can't risk you getting that worked up again. Whenever we confirm that whoever did this is out of your head, I'll send someone in to take them off. Until then, would you like some movies to fulfill your time?"

I sighed, I would have preferred to see my family, I wanted so badly to apologize to Logan, and most importantly Lorelai, but I knew that was something I wouldn't get until I was better. "Since I can't read, I guess a movie would be good."

"I'll send someone in later with the movies, okay?" He smiled and began to wheel out of the room. "Oh, and you will have to take some medicine later to suppress dreams. Or would you rather stay awake during your time here?"

"Drugs please," I smiled and he waved before leaving the room. I knew this was serious, and Xavier's light attitude was only to make me feel better. But I knew him well enough now to understand that he was beyond worried, and was desperate to find a cause for the troubles we were facing. Sighing, I laid down on my side and stared at the blinding white wall. This was my home for the next few days, I might as well become good friends with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? =D