‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Will to Live

My life had become one of boredom, one of worrying. I kept myself busy by sitting on my small bed and watching the many movies Xavier had brought in for me. I was on my twentieth movie on my fourth day in observation. My hands remained behind my back while I sat there, staring blankly at the television screen. It was not a movie I saw, but my family. Lorelai, with her constant glare and determination, and Logan with the same look. I frowned and turned my back to the television, wishing I could at least see one of them. Who would do this to me? Would they attack my family next?

Suddenly, the door to the room I was in burst open. I kept my back turned, assuming it was one of the overly excited students coming in to check on me; that is, until my shoulders were grabbed with a tight grip. I was flipped around to face the person who was beginning to hurt me, and gasped. "You're not real," I muttered as I stared into the ice blue eyes of this stranger.

"Why would you say such a thing about your sister?" The Jasey impostor said hatefully before throwing me up against the wall. I screamed as the bones in my hands cracked, I knew something had broken, but my healing factor was restrained by the cuffs around my wrists. She came at me again, this time swinging her leg and kicking me in the face. Blood spurted from my mouth and I fell to the side, thrashing as hard as I could in hopes of getting out of these restraints.

"Are you that weak?" My daughter's angry voice boomed throughout the room. "Attacking someone whose powers are currently restrained? Kind of a bitch move, don't ya think?"
"Lorelai," I cried. "Get out of here, please."

"Shut up, Mom!" She shrieked and charged at 'Jasey'. I leaned against the wall and winced at the pain from my hands sliding against it under the pressure of my weight, I had to fight, Lorelai wouldn't get hurt because she was protecting me. That was not her job, I was the mother and it was time I took responsibility. The Jasey impostor was taking advantage of my late sister's strength, and threw my daughter across the room.

While they fought, I tried sliding one of my hands through the cuffs, and succeeded in getting it out, my broken bones had come in handy. After a few moments, my healing factor in that hand came back, and it quickly changed my hand into a long blade before running at the attacker. I closed my eyes, I couldn't bare to think I was stabbing my sister, even if I knew it wasn't her. I opened my eyes when I felt the blade entering someone, and gasped. "Lorelai!" I screamed and pulled the blade out of her quickly. The attacker was gone. My daughter coughed up blood, but kept her arms around my shoulders. "I'm so sorry, honey," I cried and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. "Come on, you've got a tough healing factor, you can pull through this. Please try," Tears were spilling out of my eyes faster than I could control. I heard footsteps nearing the room, and I pulled away from Lorelai. "I'm going to get help, just stay here and don't move," She nodded and I kissed her forehead before running out of the room.

Logan was with a group of students, his eyes grew wide as he saw the blood on my shirt and my one broken hand. "Don't just stand there!" I screamed at him. "Lorelai's hurt, one of you go get someone!" A few of the students broke off from the pack and ran back in the direction they come from. Logan glared at me before running past me to get to our daughter. Did he think I did this on purpose? I didn't waste my time trying to figure out if he was angry with me or not, I just ran back into the room to be with my daughter.

"What the hell did you do?!" Logan asked me frantically as he gathered Lorelai into his arms. I stood there and stared at him with teary eyes, his hard gaze would not ease up. He had given up any of the faith he had in me, I could see that in his eyes. The way he looked at me was not the same, not once had he ever given me such a horrible look, no matter what I had done. "I can't do this anymore, Anni. I'm sorry, but you attacked the one person you were supposed to protect with everything you had."

He walked past me, and I stood there in shock. I can't do this anymore, Anni. It echoed in my mind, those words had so much power that they brought me to my knees. I let out a loud scream and covered my face with my hands, they had Lorelai's blood on them. They would blame me, everyone in the school would be against me. I had lost my family, and with that went my will to live.
♠ ♠ ♠
After this chapter, we'll be going on hiatus. Liss and I are having a hard time writing this. Comments are much appreciated!