‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Weird

My mom is, quite possibly, the weirdest person that I've ever known. Don't take this wrong, I love the fuck out of her, but sometimes I wonder how anyone puts up with her. After she made the sibling comment, she then commenced to attack me once again in loud screams of welcome, hugs, and kisses. My dad had to pry her off of me just so he could give me a hug and whisper a soft, "Missed you." in my ear. I finally felt complete, surrounded by my parents and friends that had come down to say hello, including Rogue and Bobby whom I had been close to since birth.

I had been gone two years, living in Florida with a friend of Professor X. The family weren't mutants, but they were the best humans that I had ever met. With no questions asked, they welcomed me into their home and let me live with them for a shot at a normal life. It was, probably, the most fun I've ever had. Even though I had to lay low on the radar and not use my powers, it was easy. I wasn't being chased by bad guys, and didn't have to worry that one wrong turn would end up with me being thrown into a test facility like my dad was. It was nice, but I was so happy to be home. Even if I didn't admit it, I missed my mom yelling at my dad for doing the stupidest of things. I missed fighting against my dad to prove that maybe I was stronger than him, only to lose and end up on my ass. I missed the constant noise that was the X-Mansion. I missed always being around someone, wherever you went.

I was glad to be home.

--

"So, Lore, tell us about Florida," Mom said as she and dad sat on my bed while I put up my clothes. I giggled at her as dad turned and raised an eyebrow as if to say, seriously? She glared at him before smiling at me. Same old mom, I thought with a smirk.

"Well, it was too hot, for one thing. I was almost a lobster by the end of the week," they laughed, and I smiled at them as I continued to tell them about my adventures. "But other than the heat, it was pretty good. I made a good friend, Malory, who was completely badass. Through her I met James," even though it was only early in, I could tell mom was zoning out. Probably thinking about dad, or something. I smirked, "Who, because of him, I now know why you and dad never truly stop."

It was silent for a moment before dad snapped. With a growl, he stood, popping his claws as he did so. "What?! Oh, that bastard's ass is grass!"

I giggled, rolling my eyes. "Dad, please. If you seriously think that I'm going to endanger some guy like that, you honestly have no idea who I am. You'd kill the guy before I could introduce him to you." Which was 100% true. Slowly, he put his claws back with a glare. "Nothing happened. But I got mom's attention, didn't I?" I laughed at the end, smiling when mom pouted and dad laughed along with me. God, it was too easy!

"You should have seen her last week. All excited because of your letter when you had told us the night before," at this, dad and I laughed harder, and I swore that I felt my stomach beginning to crack in half.

"I hate you," she wined, laying back on my bed and throwing a pillow over her face. Dad winked at me before leaning over and tickling mom on her stomach, causing her to start screaming and kicking. Tears of mirth began to run down my cheeks as she finally freed herself from dad and walked out the door, yelling behind her, "I'm on strike!"

Dad's eyes widened as he looked at me. I giggled, ordering for him to leave with a 'shoo, shoo' motion. "Go get your woman before she decides that she really won't give you any. I'd hate to see the day that happens." He glared at me before smiling again.

"Good to have you back. But, your mother wouldn't ever be able to not give any, kid." I cringed, trying desperately to get that image out of my brain, but it was like it was glued and then painted over in clear fingernail polish. It would never go away.

"Thanks, you ass!" I screamed at him, laughing as I continued putting my clothes away.

I missed this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?