‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Deaths

Logan made fun of me all night. As we laid in bed that night, he'd tease me. He'd pull me close to him and whisper in my ear, "Let's have another baby," And you know how exciting that is to me so of course I jump up and get ready to go, and he starts laughing at me. Who the hell jokes about sex? I finally got sick of him and went into the living room. He followed behind me, luckily for us, Lorelai was sound asleep. "You're a dick, Logan!" I threw myself onto the couch and shot him a look of death.

"You really need to learn how to take a joke," He said, not even trying to hold back his laughter.

"Oh yeah, laugh it up," I smirked, "Wolfie." He growled at me, causing me to start giggling. "Aw, is the doggie mad?" He jumped on top of me on the couch and the fight began. I was lucky as a shape shifter, now I know in the past I could only manipulate parts of my body. Now I could manipulate my whole body, and I took advantage of it by making myself much smaller than Logan and crawling out from under him.

"That's cheating!" He shouted and pounced me again. This time I didn't bother changing my size, instead I just sank my teeth into his shoulder. I was really hoping he'd yipe like a little dog would, just to make this more fun. His defensive side kicked in, instead; and his claws shot out. He stabbed them into the floor, just missing my head.

"Alright!" Our daughter's voice called out, we immediately froze. "Both of you to bed, now!" She attempted to pull Logan up, but like I said, we were frozen. "This isn't funny, Dad." She sighed. "You two are how old? And do you have any idea how late it is?!"

I decided to speak up. "It's only one in the morning, Lorelai. Quit being a tight wad." I pushed Logan off of me and he retracted his claws. This was a normal thing in our home, sometimes we forgot we were parents. But we had kind of gotten used to it being just us, and she was really lucky she walked in when she did; any later and she probably would have been scarred for life. "Be happy we're clothed, darling."

She slapped her forehead and sat down on a bar stool. "Was that really necessary, Mom?"
"Quite," I said, tapping my lips to make myself look educated. Let's face it, I couldn't look smart even if I was you know...smart.

"That doesn't fool any of us," Logan said as he walked passed Lorelai and opened the fridge. He grabbed a beer and offered me one. I shook my head no and made an 'icky' face. "You're so mature."

"I'm so glad I have parent's who act their age," Lorelai said sarcastically.

I mimicked her and started laughing uncontrollably. It was nice having her home. She had grown up to be a lovely girl, too. She still had her long dark brown hair, though it was now cut to frame her face and she had gotten it dyed underneath while she was in Florida to black. Her skin was lightly tanned, her cheeks were rosey. Sadly, she was no longer a stick figure like she was two years ago. Her body now had curves, and her chest was almost the same size as mine. I glared at the thought of a boy checking my little girl out. "What's wrong with you?" Logan said, he was walking by me and pushed me over to where I fell on my side.

I turned my glare to Lorelai. "You have boobs."

"So do you," She said, sticking her tongue out.

I jumped up and ran to stand next to her. Grabbing her shoulders, I stood her up to face me. She was a good inch taller than me. "People are going to think you're my mom," I said, tears filling me eyes.

"Oh, good Lord, Anneliese," Logan rolled his eyes at me.

"Shut up!" I cried at him, then turned back to our daughter. I let go of her shoulders and wiped my nose across my arm. "Why are you growing up? You were so little not too long ago. Oh God," I slammed my head against her collar bone and wrapped my arms around her.

"Will you put this thing to bed?" She asked, trying to push me off of her. Logan sat down his beer and grabbed me, dragging me to our room. That man sure knew how to make a woman forget that she was upset with just a few kisses and a nice ride. I better stop before I make you sick.

The next morning I walked around the house cheerily, and some people may have even said I was dancing. I made a huge breakfast, which was something I never did, and pulled Lorelai out of bed, "Good morning, my boobie filled child!"

"Ugh," She groaned and pushed me out of her face. She sat up in her bed and pushed the covers off of herself. "I thought Dad was doing a good job at making you forget that."

"Oh," I smiled and tapped my head, "I don't forget that. Now! Get yourself out of bed and join us for breakfast!" Before she could argue, I ran out of her room and into the living room, cleaning up beer cans and beer bottles. There was a knock on the door. Now, Xavier coming over once a month was all we were used to, this was the second time in two weeks. My heart began to sink. We couldn't have trouble now, not with our daughter in the house. He knocked again, and I decided I'd pretend we weren't home. "Uh, nobody's here!" I called out. You know, now that I think about it, that probably didn't help me.

"Open the door, Anneliese," He demanded. I sighed and yanked at it, I was throwing a miniature temper tantrum. "Is Lorelai awake?" He asked, looking behind me into our house. I nodded.

"She's still half asleep though," I could tell by his worried expression that something was wrong. "Should I get Logan?"

"Yes, and come outside, I don't want Lorelai hearing this," He wheeled himself out and waited on the patio in front of the house. I ran my fingers through my messy red hair and told Logan to wake his lazy ass up. Once I told him there was something wrong, he jumped out of bed and followed me outside. We both took a seat in the lawn chairs that were lazily thrown on the patio and Xavier began talking. "There have been a string of mysterious deaths lately."

"You woke us up to tell us something that happens every single day?" Logan squinted in the sunlight, he still had sleep in his eyes.

"Deaths of mutants, Logan," He said, his tone was not forgiving or kind today. He was obviously worried.

"Mom?" Lorelai's voice called out.

"You two keep talking, and Logan, when you come back in, act normal. I don't want Lorelai to even suspect something, understood?" I got up and went back inside. I now had to restrain myself from Lorelai, and restrain my thoughts. If I let the memory of this pop up, she would know nearly everything, and like her Aunt Jasey, she would try to join the fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am, yet again, posting early. My older brother's wedding is this weekend, so thank him for this. xD