‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Let Her Fight

We watched our daughter storm out the front door, it brought back memories of Logan whenever he got mad at me years ago. I stabbed my knife into the table and sighed. "You know, I'm not making you two a big breakfast anymore," I picked up the plates and threw them into the sink, not bothering to be gentle with them. "She's got your temper and both of our stubbornness."

"Anni," He growled at me through gritted teeth. "Shut up." His words stung as they hit me. There was no joke in his voice, just pure bitterness that made me feel unworthy of having him. I turned around, just to search his eyes for what he was feeling. He was a blank slate, he walked right passed me and grabbed a beer from the fridge, then went to our room and slammed the door behind him. My hands shook and I let go of the glasses that were in my hands, they hit the stone floors beneath my feet.

My whole attitude changed and I climbed onto the counter, reaching above the cabinets to find a bottle of liquor I had stashed there. Ignoring the glass that was cracking and embedding itself into my feet, I walked to fridge and grabbed my jug of orange juice, I decided to dump out half of it. I filled it back up a quarter of the way with Vodka and kicked the fridge shut before going out to our back patio and flopping down on a lawn chair. I took a large swig of my concoction, then said quietly, "Welcome home, Lorelai."

Hours passed, and I was completely wasted. I squinted my eyes at five figures heading my way, I couldn't focus on them though. I curled up in a ball and covered my head, thinking they were an enemy. When I could actually hear their foot steps, I started pulling my hair and crying, I was sure it was someone there to kill me. "Anneliese?" A Russian voice asked me.

"Oh god!" I screamed. "It's the Russian mutants here to kill me! At least tell my daughter I'm sorry," I looked up and noticed a familiar jacket. "You already killed her! Just be gentle on Logan!" I was crying and when someones arms wrapped around me, I started thrashing around. "You won't kill me! I'll make another Lorelai!"

"Mom!" Lorelai shouted and tried holding me still. "Mom, I'm fine! What the hell is that stench?" She looked down at my jug of orange juice. "Is that alcohol?!"

Someone started laughing, "She's drunk!"

"Shut up, Bobby!" The voice of a woman I knew I hated said. It was Rogue, I could remember her obnoxious voice at any time in my life. I could be dying and somehow her nasty, southern voice would echo in my head. I looked up over my daughters shoulder and glared at her. "We better go," She said, I could hear the shame in her voice.

"Yeah you leave!" I said. Then I whispered, "She wants to steal your father from me, Lore."

"Mom?" She said while she lifted me up.

"Yes?"

"Shut up." Her and Piotr dragged me into the house and let me lay down on the couch, Logan came out and started laughing. At the time, I wasn't concerned about Lorelai getting a memory of what happened after she left, but a drunk me is less responsible with their memories than a sober me, and the second she got them, she was asking Logan a million questions. I didn't pay attention to any of them until she asked, "Can I fight with you?"

Something about that question sobered me right up and I sat up to glare at her. "NO! I don't care if you feel like a little kid, I promised myself we'd keep you out of danger!"

She laughed, sarcasm obvious in her tone. "You're part of the X-Men, you and another mutant made a mutant daughter. Did you seriously think you could keep me sheltered?"

"Lorelai, stop," Logan said angrily.

"No. I want to fight with you guys." She folded her arms across her chest.

I groaned and stood. "Let her fight!" I said as I began walking to Logan and I's room. "Let her get hurt, none of her abilities could help her in a fight anyways. We can always make another kid, I suppose."

"Anneliese Raye!" Logan shouted and I could hear him getting up, but stopping. They kept talking throughout the night, and I felt like a horrible failure as a parent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anneliese drunk...*shudders* I write her, and even that horrifies me.