‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Mr.Cool Dad

I stared at my broken Logan with tears in my eyes. He had had an argument with Lorelai, and something had been bothering him. That didn't stop my drunken stupidity from yelling at him. "I'm sick of this, Logan," I growled at him and laid down next to him. "How much more can you stand? If your healing factor couldn't even take care of that, then you know Lorelai and I can't fight!"

"Then don't," He simply said, avoiding my glare.

"You act like this is something I can easily say no to," I grabbed his hand that had a deep gash in it and began squeezing. He tried yanking it away from me, but he was too weak at the moment. "I don't want anyone in this family fighting."

"You joined the X-Men, Anni!" He said as he thrashed, "You made a promise, you have to fight!"

"But Lorelai doesn't!" I screamed as tears began filling my eyes. "I don't think you understand the definition of parenthood! You're supposed to care for your child and protect them, not fucking let them go up against someone who nearly killed you!"

"There's no need to yell," He said as he finally managed to snatch his hand back. "And she's not going to listen to neither of us, you know it. Just let her learn her lesson."

"Oh yeah, great parenting, Logan," I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him. "Let the kid get hurt, that'll teach them. It sure taught you, didn't it?" He put his hand on my shoulder and I shrugged him away. "Don't touch me," I said through gritted teeth.

"Will you just try looking at it from her point of view?" He pleaded with me, I hadn't heard him use that tone in years. "Remember when you and Jasey first got here? How mad you two got whenever we went on missions without you?"

I stayed quiet for a few minutes. We did get angry whenever we weren't invited, but this was our daughter. If she died, I wouldn't know what to do. "And do you remember what happened to Jasey?" I could tell my words stung him, he even flinched at them. "I won't let my daughter get herself hurt like Jasey did."

"She isn't just your daughter. She's ours, and you can't make all of her decisions for the rest of her life."

I rolled over to face him, he looked worried. He looked like he was going to cry. "I just don't want to lose her."

"We won't," He said as he brought his hand up to run his fingers through my hair. "We can train her just like we trained you and Jasey. Lorelai isn't stupid, she can care for herself."
"She's only sixteen," I sobbed, those tears found their way out of my eyes. "We shouldn't of brought her back here. She could have grown up to have a normal life. If she dies or even gets hurt, I'll never forgive myself, and more importantly, I'll never forgive you."

"Fine," He brought his hand back down and rolled on his side, turning his back to me. "I'll prove you wrong, and Lorelai will prove you wrong. She's our kid, meaning she's tough. I don't know why you have to worry so much."

I felt sober enough to fight him physically now, and I jumped on top of him and grabbed his wrists to pin them near his head. "Because I'm the mother and that's my job, understood?" He didn't seem mad anymore, but he had that grin. "Logan..." I said, cautiously letting go of his wrists. He grabbed mine and almost immediately we had switched places. "This really isn't the time for that," I said, trying my hardest to push him off of me.

He smirked, "But you did it first!"

"I didn't want to do it! I was trying to make a point, you pervert!" Leave it to Logan to turn anything sexual, and leave it to me to not resist his skill of turning everything sexual.

---

The next morning, we barely spoke to each other. Lorelai avoiding making eye contact with me, I knew she wasn't in the mood to argue with me that day. I made them a big breakfast, another attempt to make us seem like a happy family. I guess you could say Logan's limping to the table really fucked up the whole point of it all. As we ate in silence, there was a knock at the door. I looked at Logan, who was practically swallowing all of his food he ate so fast, then to Lorelai. I sighed and got up to get the door. Bobby stood there, stupidly smiling at me. "How nice of you to come visit at six thirty in the fucking morning, Bobby."

He took a step back, still trying to be polite. "Uh...Sorry. Can Lorelai come out?"

"Again," I closed my eyes and sighed tiredly. "It is six thirty in the morning. Lorelai is in her pajamas, like I am. Why are you awake this early?"

"Oh!" He laughed and said with a smile, "I haven't slept yet. I've been busy studying."

"Right," I looked back into the house, Logan and Lorelai were both staring at me like curious dogs. "You better have some amazingly magical tale for us, because I usually don't allow anyone in our home this early," I took a step back to let him through the door, and he slowly walked in.

"Wow," He stifled a laugh. "Your hair looks awesome, Logan."

Logan held up his fork and glared at Bobby, "Watch it, kid." Bobby nodded and sat down in an empty chair in between Logan and Lorelai. "Why are you here? Are you trying to court my daughter? Hm?" Lorelai gasped and punched his arm, her cheeks were bright red. He winced and said with a joking tone, "And that was my hurt arm!"

"Not today, actually, I'm here to talk to you guys about the recent trouble..." Bobby's smile vanished, as did Lorelai and Logan's. My frown turned into a bitter glare. He noticed my glare and looked at the floor, defeat filling his face. "Is this not a good time?"

"Oh no!" I said, sarcasm was my best talent. "We love hearing bad news right after we wake up. It really promises a good day!"

"Ignore her," Logan said. "She's just mad that I tricked her last night."

"Do not bring our sex life to breakfast, Logan!" I slammed my fist down on his hurt hand and he took in a deep, painful breath.

"Should I come back at a later time?" He asked, and before either of us could answer, we noticed Lorelai standing up, fully dressed and ready for the day.

"We really need to consider getting her a leash," Logan said to me quietly. "Where do you think you're going, Lorelai?"

"Well, since you two don't wanna hear his story, he can just tell me and I'll forward it on to you." She smiled at us, Logan nodded to give her an 'okay', and I sighed angrily before nodding. She gave us both a kiss on the cheek, then was out the door.

"You can clean up, Mr.Cool Dad," I set down my fork and walked lazily to our bedroom. I was starting to regret ever having a child with one of the X-Men.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Slamming head into desk* Stupid, stupid, stupid Roachie! I'm sorry I can't count and messed up your reading!