‹ Prequel: Rebirth
Status: Hiatus.

X-Family

Teach Me to Fight

"So, how was Florida?" Bobby asked as we walked around the mansion's extended garden. Flowers were, literally, everywhere I looked. Huge trees provided shade for kids playing and running around, and I smiled as I remembered how carefree I was when I was a child. It was a widely known fact that nearly every two or three days, I'd be in trouble once again for either getting a kid in trouble, or doing something dangerous.

"Eh, like I told mom and dad; too hot, boring, and sweaty," I laughed. Bobby smiled at me before placing his arm around my shoulders. Now, don't think like that. Bobby is one cute fellow, don't get me wrong, but our relationship was more brother and sister than anything else. We had been friends since I had kicked him in the shin when I was four, and nothing had come between us since, not even when I was in Florida.

"I'll bet that it was boring. You didn't have this hunk there to keep you entertained!" He joked, both of us smiling as we sat on a bench facing the fountain where everyone threw pennies for wishes. Suddenly, Bobby went serious, sighing. "But now it's dangerous here," he finally said, smiling at me grimly. I frowned; the look didn't fit his face.

"Well," I said after a few minutes, "sometimes good times have to end to. It's like growing up; you can only be a child for so long before the world crumbles, taking you along with it, and if you don't face the reality, you can't ever catch up completely." It was silent for a while, both of us sitting there, watching as the wind made the grass roll. Silence, as uncomfortable as it may be sometimes, was welcomed for a while. It was nice, just relaxing with my best friend as if the world didn't matter, and I could almost convince myself that it didn't matter, if only for a minute.

"Yeah," he replied, nodding in thought. "And, it was really boring without your sense of view." We smiled at each other before he turned serious again. "A war is coming, Lorelai. The Professor is going to start training the younger kids in self defense - that's what I was going to tell everyone earlier - so that if anything happens to the XMEN, there will be someone left to defend the school."

I froze. I couldn't even think about them having to defend the school. It was a foreign idea, thinking that someday my parents might not be there. Be there when
I get married, have my first kid, move into my own house. It just didn't fit.

Without another glance at Bobby, I jumped from my seat, running home with wide eyes. I didn't care what my mom thought. I'd fight if it was the last thing I'd do, and with this thought, I slammed our front door behind me and ran to the kitchen where dad was cleaning the dishes and mom was drinking orange juice from the carton. They both froze as they saw me, about to ask me what was wrong when I interrupted.

"Teach me to fight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?