Status: My first Fan fiction. So beware!

An Opening Heart.

1/1

A Rustle in the trees behind Rin and Jaken was enough to knowledge them of Lord Sesshomaru’s return. Many years had past since Lord Sesshomaru had revived Rin with the Tenseiga sword after being attacked by a pack of wolves. Their relationship was a quiet one. Lord Sesshomaru barely ever spoke or showed any emotion what so ever. Speaking up only to make a point or answer a question, usually asked by Jaken. The steps that were slowly approaching were heavy and dragging. Rin sensed something was wrong.
“Jaken! Lord Sesshomaru is hurt!” exclaimed Rin. She got to her feet and ran to help her Lord. He stumbled through a bush and kneeled on to the floor. Blood was pouring from his chest.
“Goodness! Lord Sesshomaru! What happened?!” Said Jaken running to help him.
Sesshomaru remained silent; he closed his eyes and sighed in pain. Rin looked on shocked that he was showing pain.
“Rin?” He said.
“Yes my Lord?”
“Undo my Kimono. I can’t breathe. Can you clean my wound?”
“Of Course, my Lord.”
Rin Knelt down beside him and carefully took his swords and armour off him. She hesitated for a second before untying his Kimono. This was the first time he had ever asked her to tend to him never mind take his clothes off for him. This was also the first time he had ever come back from battle so fatally wounded. What had he been up too? Thought Rin. His kimono fell to the floor and there on the right side of his chest was a deep gash. Rin gasped. Sesshomaru opened his eyes and looked at her. The blood was pouring out of him. Rin stood up and took the bottom of her kimono and tore a strip of fabric off. Kneeling back down she set to work on stopping the flow of blood. As Rin touched his skin with the rag Sesshomaru gasped and twitched violently.
“I’m sorry my Lord!”
“No matter.”
In no time the rag was bloodied and dirty. Rin tore another rag off her Kimono and set to work again. Again the rag was filthy instantly.
“My lord the blood won’t stop!”
Sesshomaru looked at her intently. Rin blushed and looked down at his wound worriedly.
“Jaken?”
“Yes, my Lord?”
“I smell a healing herb nearby. Go get it. It should help.”
“Right away!”
Jaken ran off in a random direction into the forest. Sesshomaru sighed.
“What is wrong my lord?”
“Jaken should be a while. He just ran off in the wrong direction.” He grinned. Rin, before thinking, gasped in shock. Did he just grin?!
Sesshomaru winced and looked down at his wound. Rin tore another rag off her Kimono and pressed lightly against the gash. Rin’s Kimono was starting to get shorter and shorter every time she tore a clean rag off. She started to get uncomfortable with it and Sesshomaru saw this.
“Put on my Kimono, Rin.”
Rin stared in disbelief.
“I will get you a new kimono when I have healed.”
Rin’s jaw dropped. Huh? What’s this?
Sesshomaru passed her his kimono. She took it and still flabbergasted went into a nearby bush and changed.
A few minutes later she made her way back to Sesshomaru cloaked in his red and white Kimono. She held the rags of her Kimono in her hand and she knelt down again to mop the wound. She was surprised to find that such a loss of blood didn’t affect her Lord at all. But of course he was immortal and a demon, such wounds wouldn’t matter.
After a few more rags had been sacrificed the flow of blood ceased, and Rin sighed in relief. Sesshomaru looked down at his wound and smiled.
“Thank you Rin. All we need is the herbs which are coming right now.”
At that moment Jaken reappeared in the opening and made his way over to them. Bowing down on the floor he presented the herbs. Rin snatched them quickly from him and gave them to Sesshomaru. He took them from her, taking care to make their skin touch; a shiver ran down Rin’s spine and she giggled.
Sesshomaru smirked and ate the herbs. Rin sat down stunned. What’s all this about? I have never seen him smile at me like that. What is he thinking? I cannot begin to fathom... Goodness. Did that wound do something to his head?
As Sesshomaru ate the herbs the wound on his chest began to heal. Relief overcame Rin and she smiled with joy. Next to her Jaken Clapped his hands and laughed.
Within minutes Sesshomaru was on his feet and putting on his armour and swords.
“What are you doing my Lord? You should stay and rest!” exclaimed Rin.
“I must get you a new Kimono Rin.” He said simply. I thought he was joking. Come to think of it... Lord Sesshomaru never jokes. “I can’t walk around like this forever.”
“Yes. Thank you my Lord.” She bowed to him. He suddenly walked over to her and made her stand straight.
“Enough of that.” He stooped and kissed her forehead. A shock wave shot through her body and her knees buckled. Oh my god...
He caught her just in time and laid her where he lay before. He looked into her eyes and chuckled before turning away and walking in to the pitch blackness of the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a first Fan-Fic and Contest entry! Woop!
It's not great but i didn't wanto do anything crazy.
Hope you like it!
Comment please!