Midsummers Breeze

Midsummers Breeze Chapter 2

My heart stopped and I faced the man that was bidding on me. His devious smile peruased me to

think that i would not be enjoying myself. My palms became sweaty and my eyebrows grew together the auctioneer was saying going once, going twice, s_ "25,000 pounds" said a boy with brown hair and blue eyes. Who was holding hands with a young girl. Excuse me I mean vampires. Then a woman bid on me "30,000" she said with a hint of try to beat that in her voice.

"40,000" said the Vampire with brown hair his voice boisterous and strong. The womans eyes got large and she sat down as if to say she would not bid higher. My breath caught in my throat as again the auctioneer counted down. In less then 2 seconds i would be a slave for a complete stranger.

"Going once, twice, sold, to Prince James." said the Auctioneer. Then the two pulled me two a dark room. The boy joined me in there with the young girl by his side. They told me to lay down on the table as they strapped down my arms. I looked into the boys eyes with worry. A cry for help.
"Excuse me what are you doing?" the boy with brown hair asked a doctor who was sitting at the bottom of the table.

"Well we are examining her. First we check her virginity.." the doctor continued but phased him out. Check my virginity why would he need that. Then it hit me I have to do anything he tells me. Though that doesnt mean i will do anything willingly.

"Well doctor there is no need for that." said the boy. "My younger sister is tired and we just want to get home" he looked at me and nodded telling me all was well. I smiled weakly and the two slave drivers unstrapped me. I stood up causing me to become dizzy and fall into the boy. Damn it. Can i ever be graceful. He was sturdy and caught me. Then our eyes met. He was very handsome and surprisingly nice. There has to be a catch. I stood up tall and even then he was about 4 inches taller. "Come, kate darling we are leaving now." said James and nodded to me which meant to come. I followed and on the way out the first bidder slapped my but.

"Too bad that prick snatched you up," said the man. "we couldv'e had so much fun." I turned around with a disqusted expression and slapped him as hard as i could which didnt hurt him but it sure mad a sound everyone turned and looked at me. I narrowed my eyes and walked off to try and catch up with James and his sister. He was waiting for me at the carriage.

"Hurry up." he said and his driver opened the door for me and him. I got in after him and sat next to him.

"Your brother is fine." said Kate. I never told her about my brother and how would she know? James explained.

"Kate can read minds and can see people anywhere they are." I got a understood expression on my face and realized how tired i was i leaned my head back and closed my eyes. "Wait. Before you go to bed what's your name?" asked James.

"Alison." i mumbled and like that i was out like a light.

Jame's P.O.V.

She was asleep. My god she was gorgeous even more so then half the vampires I know and she was still human. How in the hell is that possible.
"James! There is no need for profanity. Besides it doesnt matter anyway mother will make her work until she is tatterd and ugly." said Kate not being rude just speaking the truth.

"Well yes I've thought of that which is why I'm going to ask mother if she could be our slave." I said smirking knowing Kate would love that because she liked Alison since the fist second she walked on the stage.

"Really?" said Kate as her face lit up. I never wanted a slave and my mother always tried to force one on me. So I'm sure she would let me have her.

The carriage ride was another 4 hours and Alison ended up resting in my shoulder. She was so beautiful. To beautiful and her smell was so alluring almost impossible to keep my fangs out of her throat. Kate envied Sidney but i knew she would end up thinking of Sidney as a sister and soon time.

The horses stopped as some police men checked the carriage. They said all was well and started to talk to me.

"That your fiance' prince James?" asked one. I thought vampires can't marry humans. Oh they must think she is a vampire might as well milk it long as i can.

"No but she is a really close friend." I asnwered.

"Hear that Joesph. A really good friend. Is that what kids call it now a days?" said one and they both started laughing.

"Well nice speaking to you gentleman but I have to be on my way." I said and the carriage started again.

We were here. I shook Alison. "Wake up. Wake up." I whispered.

Alison's P.O.V.

"Wake up, wake up." said the voice I supposed to be my brothers. Thank God it was all a drean wit out even looking I hugged him.

"I am so glad to see you." I said. He felt cold oddly enough and when I looked up I saw Prince Jame's face. I let go and jumped back. My breath caught in my throat.

"Now am I really that ugly?" he asked smiling. I giggled.

"I thought you were someone else." I said and a tear slipped down my face as the realization that i may never see my brother again haunted my thoughts. James whiped the tear away and lifted my chin.

"It's all gonna be alright." he said comforting and for a moment I almost believed him.
"You don't understand." I said. Knowing that if he were in my position he would be standing tall hoping for the best to come his sisters way.

"Enlighten me." said James. I did. I told him about the monthly trip to the market and about my brother and how I missed him and couldn't bear to be with out him. "I promise I wont let anything happen to him." James said. With that i smiled and got out of the carriage. The walk up to the front door seemed like forever. Though it was only a few feet. My mind racing as well my heart and my fate one step closer. I knocked on the door and the footsteps came from upstairs then the door opened and my eyes grew wide.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want to be in my next chapter or in any of my stories just comment tell me which story and about yourself. :) Please give feedback or i will assume this story is worthless and not continue.