Status: Complete.

Memories

One.

Life is full of nothing but memories.
Memories of yesterday, memories of ten years ago. Memories of everything.
Memories are the only thing in this world that can truly make one happy or sad. They're what the world fuels off, memories.
And that's all I have left, memories. The memories from high school might be a bit hazy but I remember the My Chemical Romance days better than anything.

The lyrics would pour out of my mouth like they were meant to be there all along, they would spill into the microphone and echo the venue and our fans would scream them back.
Frank would hit his chords roughly, thrashing all over the stage. Ray would play his precisley trying not to mess up, while headbanging with all his energy. Mikey would always stand by Bob on Frank's side, he would walk around hardly ever running but he loved being up there. And Bob, well Bob drummed with all of his might.

And that was us, My Chemical Romance.
One of the biggest bands ever to tour the world.

When we broke up, it wasn't because we hated each other or had lost the love of music, It was because we were to fucking old to even think about thrashing all over a stage. But we did continue selling records and CDs.

When Frank got lung cancer, we knew things would be different and quick.

"I don't if I have cancer. If God wanted to kill me off in my golden days he would've done that in 2009. Those were the days man," He had rasped from his hospital bed. And we'd all laughed at his silly joke because there wasn't enough room to be sad in our big family.

But when he really did die, everyone felt it. I think we all knew it happened before we were notified. I think we felt a piece of our heart fly off because we were all linked back to each other somehow. Like a family. We all rushed to the hospital to say our goodbyes to the man we'd grown to love.

It's funny, Frank died with a smile on his face like he was remembering a joke from better days.

We'd all moved on from his death, we knew he wouldn't want us to mourn about him. He would've wanted us to sit at his funeral and laugh. And we did just that. We laughed about all the stunts he pulled with us. The best things always happened on tour. Somehow, Frank had a stash of Super Soakers always packed with him and when the shitty air conditioning system would bust he run in the main room and soak all of us, even himself. When we had nothing better to do, Frank always seemed to have some weird, sexual questions game packed in his bag and we'd always sit there and play with them while he'd giggle mercelessly at all our awkward answers.

When Bob's stroke hit, we were all devastated and when Ray had a massive heart attack not a month later, Mikey and I were crushed. We had no one but ourselves left to fend for. In a way it was nice, we didn't have to deal with the prank phone calls at four in the morning from Bob but those were also the things we missed the most.

It's funny how a group of 5 men nearly fifty kept such a close bond. It's even funnier how we all acted like high schoolers up to the day we passed on.

We were My Chemical Romance then and we were My Chemical Romance now.

It was always Ray's favorite thing when a fan, any ages, would recognize us. Even when wrinkles proved the old age they still were able to remain loyal to us. He'd always let them touch his gray 'fro, which he never got around to cutting, and tell them one thing in particular when they'd question they break up.

"We were My Chemical Romance then and we're My Chemical Romance now. It'd be a little silly to see a bunch of fifty year old men dancing on stage."

And that line always stuck with me, even now it's something I'll take on with me.

Mikey Way, the bassist of My Chemical Romance, suffered a major head injury after falling in his bathroom. He died hours later with me at his side. The words of nonsense that escaped his lips through those agonizing hours kept me laughing until I couldn't stop. I knew he was dying, but he wanted me to laugh. He kept telling me memories of the times when we were on stage and even his last words were:

"And then you and Frank kissed and that crowd fuc-" He wanted me to remember the memories.

Because in the end, memories are the only things you'll ever have left in this life.

And that night I passed on thinking of all the happy things. Thinking of the happy memories made death a lot easier than it should've been but when I opened my eyes to the other side and saw the five young men, including myself, on a stage, I knew that everything we did was right.