Status: j

He's Strong. He's Hot. He's Foreign. (And He's in the Mafia?)

Powerless

“Jane! This is where you’ve been living!? I should have ran away earlier!” Diane exclaimed as soon as she stepped into our apartment.

“This is bigger than our whole house!” Michael exclaimed, looking around wide-eyed.

“Are you rich, Mr. Dombrovski?” Sally asked innocently, looking up at Peter.

“You could say that, my dear,” Peter said, looking down at her kindly.

“So Peter and I were talking and we thought that we could let you stay at Peter’s family’s hotel while you settle into the city and maybe find work and-”

“-Oh thank you Jane! Thank you thank you thank you!” she exclaimed, pulling me into a choking hug.

“It’s really no problem…”I said sheepishly.

“I promise we won’t be a burden, we’ll stay just as long as it takes for me to get a job and find another apartment!” she said excitedly.

-------------------------------------

“Finally alone,” Peter whispered as soon as he shut the door, his arms around me, “with my beautiful wife.”

“Hmm…your beautiful wife,” I giggled, arms around his neck, mimicking his accent, “I love the sound of that.”

“Yes, and now you are mine…” he murmured, but before his lips could touch mine, we heard his Blackberry vibrate in his pocket. I let out a disappointed groan, knowing it would call Peter back to the hotel, or back to killing people. Peter looked down at me, an unexpected smile curling around his lips. He reached into his back pocket and took out his Blackberry, holding the infernal vibrating contraption in between us before crushing it between his fingers. My eyes widened in shock and elation.

“But your phone…it has all your contacts…and business information” I stuttered, still shocked at his strength.

“All backed up on the computer my love,” he smirked, throwing the now useless cellular device onto a table.

“It cost…what? Two hundred dollars?” I mumbled as Peter held my face in his hands, his grin turning into a wide smile. He knew my arguments were futile.

“Three hundred actually. But that is one of the advantages of doing what I do, things are easily replaced…well most things anyways,” he kissed my forehead, “My brother Nicholas may take his wife for granted but trust I will never think that way, Janey, do you understand?”

I smiled and nodded, “I already knew you’d never think that, Peter.”

Peter grinned and kissed me, his strong arms winding around me. I let out a surprised squeal as he picked me up, holding me bridal style, carrying me into our bedroom.

-------------------------------------

“You know, this is our first time sleeping in the same bed in more two weeks,” I sighed contently, relaxing in Peter’s arms, resting my head on his chest.

“Then I think we should celebrate,” Peter whispered, stroking my hair.

“How?” I asked, not being able to hold back a laugh.

“By not sleeping,” he purred. I could feel him grin when he kissed my forehead.

“Peter you know I have to get up for work tomorrow.”

“Which I think is ridiculous,” he muttered, “You’ve just come back this morning. Let me check you in the hotel…I can get you a Swedish back massage…”

“You know I’m not into those kinds of things…” I groaned, “I would rather be at work, you know I haven’t baked in two weeks! I’ve just made dinner like some common housewife.”

“Alright, darashya, I just want you to know that working isn’t necessary for you, I mean it hasn’t been for the past year,” he gave me a sour look, “I know this job makes you happy Janey but you can understand why I don’t approve of my wife…” he put particular emphasis on these words, “…working under someone, especially Christophe.”

“Peter…” I searched for words to say, not wanting to start an argument with him. I didn't want to remember our first night together as a married couple as being adjacent to a fight.

Sensing my stress, Peter pressed a finger to my lips and whispered, “Let’s not worry about that right now, the only thing that matters right now is that we are finally married,” he smiled, “And back home. Good night darashya.”

He gave me a tender kiss, whispering, “I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” I replied sleepily, digging my head into Peter’s bare chest. He held me to him, stroking my hair, easing me into sleep.

-------------------------------------

I awoke early that morning, feeling more refreshed than I had ever been. Everything about my life seemed to have fallen into place. I was back to sharing a bed with Peter in New York, the best city in the world. I was at peace with my volatile older brother. I was back to making desserts for the rich and fancy. And, most importantly of all, I was married to the most wonderful man in the world. It should be illegal to be this happy.

“Mrs. Dombrovski, I presume,” Rachel said as I strolled into the kitchen an hour later. She had adopted a regal British accent, her nose stuck in the air.

I narrowed my eyes at her, grinning. She relaxed into a laugh and hugged me tightly, “Oh my God I missed you!”

“So I’m guessing you’re not angry anymore?” I said, grinning.

“Well…he is really hot,” she giggled, “I don’t think I’d be able to restrain myself either!”

“Truth is I am so happy that this whole wedding thing is over…I hated having to go back home and suck up to Jeremiah," I grumbled, "But at least we're on semi-okay terms now."

"Really? Who thought that would ever happen," she laughed.

I had to pinch myself multiple times throughout the day to make sure I was not just dreaming. Life was never just bliss.

-------------------------------------

Peter’s POV

(the entire convo is in Russian, ya?)

“Father will not be pleased,” Viktor muttered as he walked into my office without knocking and sat down across from me.

“Is he ever?” I sighed, checking my email on my replacement Blackberry I had just picked up.

“You married an American, even I am not pleased, brother,” Viktor said, folding his arms across his chest. Viktor was the second eldest in my family, and probably the most “fatherly” figure I ever had in my life. Even though the most fatherly advice he had ever given me was “stay hidden or you’ll get killed.” Hey, at least he warned me.

“Why is Jane considered such a threat? Shouldn’t Father be focusing on his real enemies?” I snapped. Jane wasn’t the one storming into our factories with guns blazing or sending in spies to break us down from the inside. Sometimes I thought Father and my brothers were just jealous that I had found someone who I connected with so deeply.

“Father does not think she is a threat by any means. Father considers her age to be a problem. Young girls such as her tend to be naïve,” Viktor said, watching me carefully.

“Isn't that what he wants? For her to be unaware?”

“As we all know, Peter, she is fully aware of not just your activities, but what our whole family is doing,” Viktor narrowed his eyes at me.

“She does not know any specifics, only that it is a second occupation of mine, do you really think I lay in bed with her and tell her about my business dealings? Hardly romantic,” I pursed my lips, glaring at my brother.

“You cannot string people along little brother, besides, I thought you loved her,” he smirked, “Jane will want to know more.”

“I told her it would be best for her to remain ignorant, I do not want her dragged into this,” I said, my voice hard.

“So you are trying to shelter her,” he chuckled, “From Markov, perhaps?”

I could feel my muscles stiffen. Even the thought of Markov anywhere near Jane angered me to no end. Respecting women had never been a glorious trait of his.

“Father cannot expect me to stay single all my life, Jane’s support is the only thing that keeps me going at times,” I mumbled, taking a cigarette out and lighting it, taking a easing drag.

“That’s another thing, you are nearly twenty-five years old and yet you are married, before three of your brothers no less.”

“You jealous?” I laughed, standing up and opening the door for Viktor, “I appreciate your concern, big brother, but I can take care of myself.”

Viktor walked up to me, looking me straight in the eye, “No matter how hard you try, Peter, Jane will be hurt by this.”

Before I could respond, he had walked out, leaving me stunned in his wake. For once, I felt powerless.

-------------------------------------

Back to Jane's POV

I let out another sigh of contentedness as I dug in my purse for the keys to the apartment at the end of a long lovely day at the restaurant. Even Christophe could not bring me down today while Rachel and I goofed off. The smile on my face faded when I had dug through every crevice of my purse with no avail.

"Hey hun, looking for these?" I heard a scratchy voice say from behind me. Those were the last words I heard before I fell into blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliffhanger, ya?

Mmkay so sorry about the whole little note thing...i just didnt feel like italicizing every single thing they said....yeah I'm one lazy writer.

but anyways....consider this my christmas present from me to you!