Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Two

I got home a little after 6 to find the apartment empty. I didn't mind, though. I actually liked it this way. Jenna and I have always had a weird relationship. You know those sisters who are attached at the hip? Those ‘My sister is my best friend!’ sisters? That's not us. We tolerate each other. When we were younger, I was 8 and Jenna was 14, our mother died. Dad picked up extra shifts at work and we barely saw him. Jenna was forced to be my fill-in mother, I guess you could say. It put a bit of a strain on our relationship. Most of her teenage years were spent resenting me. I was that annoying little sister that was always there. That's what she liked to tell me anyways. I, on the other hand, enjoyed being around her. I looked up to her and wanted to be just like her. When she moved out here to Chicago it was really tough on me. I was left with just my dad who never recovered after the death of my mother. He was there...he would go through the motions of life but he was a shell. At least with Jenna there I didn't feel so alone; even if she didn't care for me all that much. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and shook the past out of my head. We’re not kids anymore. I'm just about 20 years old, and Jenna’s 26. I'm pretty sure we’ve grown out of that stage in our relationship. I let out a sigh and sat myself in front of the computer. I’m starting teacher’s college in 2 weeks and I've got to register for my classes tonight. Somehow I have to get classes and times that fit with my work schedule. All of a sudden the front door flew open, startling me. I spun around in the chair to see my sister and her boyfriend making out. Wow this was awkward. First of all I had never met this guy and second...I really didn't want to meet him while he had his tongue down my sister’s throat. I cleared my throat causing them both to look at me. oh...Adam this is my sister Ryah. Ryah this is Adam. Jenna introduced us sounding rather annoyed that I was there.

Hi, Adam.

So this is the sister, huh?
He said as he looked me over, still clinging to Jenna for dear life. You don't look much alike at all. Captain obvious over here. Jenna was dark where as I was lighter. She was a lot like dad with his chocolate brown hair while I got our mother’s golden blonde hair. Jenna, lucky Jenna, has model height at 5’10 while I’m a short 5’2. Jenna naturally looked like she just got back from a week-long vacation in Hawaii while I have to fake and bake 3 days a week to have any sort of glow. We are complete physical opposites of each other. The only thing we share is our mom’s bright blue eyes.

Yah. Ryah’s more like our mother’s side and I'm like dad’s.She summed it up simply and turned to me. Hey Ry...why don't you head out for a little bit. Head out?! Where the hell am I supposed to go?!

Jenna I've got to..

Seriously, Ryah. You need to leave for a while.
She raised her eyebrows at me and that's when it hit me that they were here to...uh...have a little fun if you get my drift.

Give me 5 minutes, Jenna. I really have to register for..Adam extended his arm out offering me his set of keys.

1510.

Excuse me?

That's my apartment. You can use my computer. It’s on.
I stared at them in shock. I don't know how comfortable I am going into his apartment and using his computer. He may be my sister’s boyfriend...but I just met the guy. Come on! He said. We’re practically family. Jenna took the key’s and tossed them to me.

Problem solved. She said as she pulled him down the hall. I gathered my stuff quickly and got out of there before I heard anything that would scar me for life. I got in the elevator and pushed the button for the 15th floor. As if my day hadn’t been full of surprises already I was now making my way up 10 floors to some apartment to hang out while my sister gets laid. Why the hell couldn't they get it on in his apartment?! Its not like he lives across town...I’m sure they could have waited 10 more floors. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was such a guy’s apartment. Not much furniture...a sectional, an enormous flat screen TV mounted to the wall, a coffee table, some bar stools at the island in the kitchen, a pool table and there were 3 different video game consoles. As I was standing there taking the room in, I heard a voice coming from another room.

Burr! I stood still, stunned. Some of the boys are goin out. We weren’t expecting you to be..he stopped upon seeing me. Hi there. he said, a smile forming at the corners of his mouth.

Uh...I was...he told me...Adam lives here...right? I stuttered.

He does. But he’s not here right now.

Yah. I know. He told me I could come here and use the computer.
I held up the set of keys as evidence but he was staring at me like I was some sort of lunatic. Uhm...I was registering for school and they kicked me out...I’m Jenna’s sister.

Reaaaally?!
He said, re-evaluating the situation. I never would have guessed. You don't look anything alike.

Yah. I know.
there was an awkward silence as he was staring at me. I’m gonna go. I didn't know anyone was gonna..

No, you don't have to go! Go register for your classes. Computer’s just over there.
he motioned across the room.

Do you mind? I don't want to intrude.

No! go for it. It’s cool. You could give me a little dirt on your sister.
I glanced at him questioningly. Your lovely sister and her not so lovely boyfriend pranked me pretty good and I'm out for blood. You might just come in handy.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback would be much loved, and thanks to those of you who subscribed already! makes me wanna write so much faster. hope you like it <3