Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Twenty Four

I immediately felt the bed shift as Jonathan climbed onto it. He took the picture frame from my hands, placed it on his bed side table. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, and I let him. I so badly wanted to feel his arms around me even though it would be the last time.

I couldn't help but cling to his hard body as I let myself break down against him. He had caught me in one of my crying spells and now I just had to ride it out. There was no point in trying to stop it...it would come to an end when I was all cried out for the moment. Ry! Jonathan soothed as I sobbed into his chest. Baby don't cry! Please don't cry! You know it kills me.

Yah well it’s all your fault! I hope you're happy.
I spat back at him before I pulled away from him and got up off the bed. You're the fucking reason for all of this! I can’t believe you would do something like this to me. I muttered almost to myself as I headed for the door. I couldn't look at him anymore. If I had to I didn't think I would be able to walk away.

Ryah! Where are you going? Jonathan called out as he, too, got to his feet.

I'm leaving! I got what I came for. I told him; motioning to my suitcase. Goodbye Jonathan. I said as I wiped tears from my eyes and gripped my suitcase.

Ry...don’t leave.

I'm not down with threesomes Jon. I don’t know what kind of girlfriend this chick is, but I'm not down for sharing you with another woman. Sorry.
I said sarcastically and headed for the door once more.

What are you talking about?! He exclaimed as he grasped my elbow. I pulled myself from his hand and continued walking even though my skin was longing for his touch. Is that what you think is going on with me and Carrie?! He questioned as he positioned himself between me and the door that was my only escape.

YES! I shouted. Yes! That is EXACTLY what I think is going on with you and Carrie! It hurt to say ‘you and Carrie’ in the same sentence. It tore me apart to think that there was actually a him and Carrie. Very quickly after I had moved in with Jonathan I had decided that he was it for me. I had this little fantasy world made up in which we would one day have a house with three little kids running around in the yard followed closely by Sam and Roxie. Now my dream had been crushed thanks to him and Carrie.

Carrie is a friend! He defended. I laughed bitterly and rolled my eyes. That's what every man that gets caught with another woman says. ‘Oh baby! She’s just a friend. An old friend. We were catching up on old times.’ It’s all bullshit. Complete bullshit. I'm serious Ryah!

I don't want to hear your lies Jonathan! Jesus! Don't I at least deserve to hear the truth?! I come here to try to make this better and find her here. Can’t you at least be honest with me?!
I ordered. In order for me to get any sort of closure on this I needed to hear the words come out of his mouth. I needed to hear him tell me that there was someone else, but he just stood there staring down at me. Just tell me Jonathan! I yelled at him out of frustration. I wanted to get the initial heartbreak of hearing those words leave his mouth over with. Once I heard it from him I could start to put this behind me.

Fine. You want the truth? Come with me. He stated as he grabbed my hand and began pulling me towards the front door.

Where are we going?

You wanted to know why Carrie was here.
He told me. I'm going to show you.
---
Twenty minutes later Jonathan had driven me to the suburbs outside of Chicago. The car ride was mostly quiet. I didn't dare to look at him because I didn't want him to see just how much this was affecting me, but I was very perceptive. He was nervous. He was fidgeting in his seat at stop lights, he kept adjusting his Chicago Blackhawks hat on his head and I could feel the sideways glances he was giving me. Jonathan finally put the car in park in the driveway of a gorgeous stone house. It was probably the most beautiful house I had ever seen. It had huge bay windows, lots of land with tall, shady trees, and lots of privacy. It was completely fenced in from the surrounding area. It was exactly the type of house I pictured to be in my future with Jon and it only made me hate this Carrie more. I hated her because not only did she have my boyfriend...but she had my dream house.

I glared at Jonathan as he came around and opened the passenger side door, ushering me out. Why the hell had he brought me here?! Why couldn't he just say ‘Yes Ryah. I'm seeing her.’ He didn't have to bring me to her house to...What are you doing?! I questioned as Jonathan pulled a set of keys from his pocket and stuck them into the oversized wooden door.

Going inside. He told me with a smirk.

Obviously. I stated. I knew what he was doing...I just had no idea why he was doing it. Jonathan opened the solid door and pulled me inside by my hand.

I was shocked when I glanced around the front foyer of this immaculate house. It was empty. The entire house was empty. There was nothing in here at all. It had never been lived in. I could tell that his home was brand new and just built; it still smelled of hardwood and paint. I glanced up at Jonathan with wide eyes full of questions but he just beamed down at me.

Welcome home.
♠ ♠ ♠
commentttt??