Sequel: Supernova Love
Status: Active

Whatever Happened To Needing No One?

Chapter Six

As I laid on my bed I was staring out the window. It was a typical late September day. The leaves on the trees were changing from green to red and orange and a little bit of yellow. It’s raining again, just like it has been for the past three days, and it’s windy; not that that was anything new. They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. It’s Saturday, and I have a few more things to do before I start classes on Monday. The only problem with that is that I can’t seem to kick my ass into gear and go do it. I'm pretty content just to lay here and do absolutely nothing for hours and hours. Maybe it’s the weather, but today feels like one of those lazy days where you stay in your pyjamas all day and watch movies in bed. Movies in bed...that sounds good! I thought as I sluggishly made my way over to my little stack of movies. The Notebook? No...I don't feel like crying for hours. Anchorman? No, I'm not in a laughing sort of mood. After rummaging through a few more I decided on Pretty Woman. You could never go wrong with Pretty Woman. I popped it in and climbed back in bed. Ryah! I groaned as I heard Jenna calling my name from out in the apartment. Maybe if I ignore her she’ll think I'm asleep or something.

C SQUARED! I groaned again, louder this time, as I heard Adam’s thunderous voice bellowing down the hallway. God dammit. I crawled out of bed and threw on my baggy University of Montana sweatshirt and marched out to the living room. There she is! He stated, proud of himself for dragging me out of my lair.

What's goin on? I asked, plopping myself down in the oversized chair as I yawned.

Uhm...Jenna glanced at Adam who looked strangely cheerful. We need to talk to you. What could they have to talk to me about? I glanced at her fingers...there was no ring. They're not engaged. She looked back to Adam and he nodded her on with a little smile as he was rubbing her shoulder.

Oh my god! I screamed, startling them both. You're pregnant!!! Jenna!!!! This is great! When did..

No! Jesus, Ry!
She said kind of laughing while Adam was in a fully fledged laughing fit. No I'm not pregnant!

Oh.
I said feeling more than a little embarrassed.

We, uhm...we’ve been talking...and Adam and I are moving in together.

Oh! That's great you guys.
They were both looking at me like they were waiting for me to freak out. So...is that it? Can I get back to my..

You're taking this better than I thought you would Ry.
Jenna said.

Yah well he practically lives here anyways. It’s nothing new to me! They casted quick sidelong glances at each other and then back to me.

No, CC we’re going to live together alone...just me and Jenna. Adam clarified. Alone? As in without me? Oh. For the second time in the last few minutes I felt stupid...beyond stupid actually. Of course they wanted to live together alone. It’s the next rational step in their relationship. They can’t see how life together is gonna work if I'm around day in and day out.

When? I asked in a weak voice. Again, Adam was the one to speak.

This weekend. I almost jumped out of my skin. This weekend?!

What?! I exclaimed.

Ry...it’s just that we've been planning this for a while. You've been talking about getting your own..

Seriously Jenna?! Where the fuck am I supposed to go on such short notice?! I've been working for 2 damn weeks! I start school on Monday. I don't have the money to..

We’ve got that covered.
Adam stated confidently. I'm gonna move in here and you're gonna move in with Seabs. He said that like it should have been so obvious. Duh! Stupid me for not knowing that. God, I wanted to slap him. I looked at Jenna.

You're kicking me out and making me go live with Brent?! Are you serious?! I've known him for..

Listen, Ryah...
Adam began but I cut him off.

I'm talking to my sister, thank you. How do you even know that he’s gonna be okay with this?! They both laughed. Oh, GOOD! I said, jumping to my feet. I'm glad you guys are having a good laugh. I began in the hallway. Because this is SO fucking funny. Ha Ha Ha Ha HA! I said with sarcasm dripping off every word.

Ryah! I heard Jenna call after me as I slammed the door. How the hell could she expect me to be okay with this? Me moving in with some dude I've known for all of 2 weeks! Not that I don't feel comfortable around Brent...I absolutely do...It’s just not something I expected. Fuck my life! This is so not what I need right now. Since I've been out here my life has been nothing but drama. There was a slight knock on the door as it opened.

Hey roomie. Brent said as he flopped himself on my bed. They told yah, huh? He knew?! How long has this been the plan? God they piss me off. It won’t be so bad. I even moved my stuff into Burr’s room so you could have the bigger closet. I couldn't help but laugh. That was so something Brent would do.

You didn't have to do that.

I know. But I figure you're gonna be there more than me...you may as well have the better room. And you've got more crap.
Clearly he had time to think this over.

What? Were you sent in here as the peace keeper? He laughed.

I'm not so bad to live with. Honestly...I think we’re getting the upper end of the stick on this one. I glanced at him. It can’t be easy to live with her. She's pretty high maintenance if you ask me. And Burish...he’s a slob, I'm kinda happy to get rid of him. There was a slight pause. I could feel him looking at me, trying to read me as I played with the edge a pillow case. So what do you say? I sighed, feeling all the walls of anger and frustration crumbling. He was pretty good at sweet talking me, but then he stuck out his bottom lip and it was over. Please. A smile spread across my face.

Fine.

Yay!
He said as he pulled me into a hug.

They're lucky I trust you. Did you just say yay?! He shrugged and I cracked up causing him to throw a pillow at me.

Shut up. Stop judging me. He said light heartedly as he left the room. She's cool. I heard him tell Adam and Jenna. And your welcome. He said as he left the apartment. That little shit! I rolled onto my back and looked up at the ceiling. Well...this should be interesting.

BURISH! I called out through the open door.

Yes Miss Morrison? He said mocking me.

Get your ass in here and start moving my shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
im really getting into writing this story! Chapter 7 is almost done.
please please PLEASE comment. let me know if you love it, hate it or just think its okay :)