Finding Me Out

Two

A week passed by and Rikki had stopped all questioning about the situation.

Emma was sitting in her living room trying to finish writing the paper she had to turn in by Friday when she saw the headlights of a car pull up on the street again. Discreetly she moved over by the window to see if it was his car.

She moved back over to her laptop and stared at the screen. She had just lost all thoughts regarding to the Declaration Of Independence and why it played a role in shaping the country to the current stat it’s in.

He abandoned all of the voices in his head telling him not to get out of the car and went for it anyway. Jamming his hands in the pockets of his hoodie he couldn’t help but think of what he would say to her.

Two years of silence sure wasn’t good on a friendship or past relationship.

He stopped at her door and reached for the bell. He had mere seconds to decide if he wanted to run or if he wanted to stay.

His head screamed run, but his body was permanently glued to that porch step.

“Andrew?”

He picked his head up.

“Emma,” He smiled warmly.
“What are you doing here?” She asked, opening the door a bit more.

He laughed, “I honestly don’t know.”

She cocked her head to the side and looked at him funny, “Okay?”

“Ugh,” He said kicking at his shoes, “Look, I’ll just go.”

He turned around but she caught his arm, “No.”

She opened the door all the way, “Come in.”

He stepped inside and found comfort in her home. It was much cuter than her parents.

“You had to have come here for something,” She said shutting her laptop and placing it on the coffee table.

“Actually I did.”
“What is it?”
“I came for you,” He said with a cheesy smile, making her cheeks burn red.

“Me?” She asked pointing to herself.

“I promised you I’d come back,” He said sitting down next to her on the couch.

“How do you know you’re not too late?” She challenged.

His face fell, “I’m too late, aren’t I?”

“Unless Prince Charming is hiding in my closet upstairs, then no, you aren’t too late.”

“Does this mean I get to kiss you now?”

She nodded quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.