Teenage Wind Song

1/1

Through the eyes of Layna

Guitar is my medicine, I swear.

Whenever my mom or dad hurt me, if I even play one note, I’ll be calm again. It’s amazing, in my opinion.

Yes, my parents abuse me. It’s not always physically, either. Sometimes, they’ll just call me fat or ugly, and I’ll believe them and run out of the house, crying. A daily routine. But, then I’ll find Him sitting behind the bushes, waiting with my guitar.

Liam. Ah, Liam. My savior. My light through the darkness. My hot fudge. My bunny.

He doesn’t know how I feel about him. He says we’re friends. Best friends. I want to be more. A lot more. But, I’m afraid to say anything because of my being self-conscience. And, I doubt he likes me, too. The way I like him, anyway.

Anyway, I’m laying in the back yard, looking up at the stars, wondering what I’m going to wear to school tomorrow. I have to impress Him. Maybe I’ll wear my denim jeans…but yet again, maybe not. Maybe…my black mini skirt…and a green woven. Yeah, that’s it. The perfect outfit. Ah, Liam will be so-

“Hey.”

I sit up, abruptly, and look behind me. There He is. My heart picks up the pace of its beating, as usual, and I stand up, brushing myself off. I walk over to Liam and he gives me a soft hug. I smile into his shoulder. Everything about him is perfect; the way his butter-blonde hair lays against his forehead, hanging over one eye, the way his smile is brighter than all the constellations put together, the way he always has something nice to say about everyone, his sexy figure; everything.

“Hi Liam.” I say, lightly. He strokes my short brunette hair, and smiles. I stay completely still, not wanting to mess anything up. But, of course, I do. I sneeze all over him.

“Oh, my God, Liam. I’m so sorry.” I say, covering my face with my hands in shame. Liam stops trying to wipe my sneeze off him, and bursts into laughter. I look up at him, and he puts his arms around my waist. He hugs me, smiling, and kisses my neck once.

“You are too cute. And, um… I have to tell you something. Come here.” Liam grabs my hand and takes me to the trail I had made a few years ago, to go into the woods. We walk into the woods, our hands still locked together. When we stop, we’re at a big tree, probably the biggest one in the forest. Liam turns to face me, and lets go of my hand.

“I like you…”

My heart practically stops beating. Did Liam just say he likes me?

“I like you too.” I blurt out. Liam looks up at me, and smiles again. He walks forward, so our chests are touching, and he kisses my cheek. I can feel my face getting red, and he chuckles. Liam steps back a few steps and looks at me.

“I got you something.” he says. I shake my head at him. He’s so awesome. He walks over to a couple bushes and first, pulls out a guitar. But, not just any guitar. It was his guitar.

“Liam. You are not giving me your guitar.” I tell him, firmly.

“I respect that. How about…” he trails off, setting the guitar down, and going back into the bushes. When he comes out, he has a tiny black and brown dog in his hands.

“Liam!” I run over to him and he gives me the puppy. Liam walks over to me, and puts an arm around my shoulders. I smile.

“Thank you, Liam.” I say. He smiles and walks back over to the bushes. He comes back out with a bottle of Budweiser. What the hell, we’re not even old enough. We’re not even 18 yet!

“Liam! Put that down.” I yell. Liam glares at me, and I notice it’s already half-empty. Great… he’s intoxicated. Did he really mean that he likes me, or was it the alcohol talking? He takes a gulp of the beer, and then walks over to me and starts kissing my neck.

“Cut it out, Liam.” I tell him, and I turn back towards my house and walk back to it, leaving Liam by himself.

Why would he do that? It doesn’t even matter anymore. I don’t care. I look at the puppy in my hands and smile. It was sweet of him to get me a puppy, though.

-The next week-

Through the eyes of Liam

Layna hasn’t spoken to me since that night in the forest, and I’m beginning to worry if she’ll ever want to talk to me again. I was so stupid. She loves the puppy, I know, but I brought out the beer. God, what was I thinking? I wasn’t. Exactly.

I’m sitting in the same bushes I was that night, depressed. Thankfully, I’m sober, but I don’t really care. It doesn’t matter.

What’s that? Is there someone coming in the woods? Is it-

A green tennis ball rolls out in front of the bush I’m hiding in. I walk out of the bush and pick it up. I look around and there’s a girl a little shorter than me, with shaggy shoulder-length brunette hair.

Layna.

I walk, lightly, over to her, and stand behind her.

“Layna.” I say. She turns around, a frown taking over her face. She grabs the ball from me, and starts walking back out of the forest. I run to catch up with her and stand in front of her.

“Layna. We should talk.” I tell her. She sighs and grabs my hand. She brings me out of the woods, and to a big field. She sits down next to her guitar, and I sit down across from her. She doesn’t look at me. Ever. She just strokes the puppy’s fur. So, I decide to start.

“Layna. I’m sorry about the other night. I-I didn’t mean for it to go like that. I was stupid and selfish and…I do like you. But this time I mean it.” I tell the girl of my dreams. She’s everything I could ever wish for, and she is within arm’s reach. We know everything about each other. Everything.

“Liam…” she starts. I can feel a tear fall on my cheek. I wipe the tear and next thing I know, Layna’s hand is on my chin, making me look at her.

“I like you too.” she repeats the words she had said the other night. She smiles at me, and leans forward to press her lips to mine, softly. I smile into the kiss, the salt from my tears making our lips taste abnormal. When we pull away, the dog climbs into my lap. I chuckle at the adorable puppy and Layna smiles.

“His name’s Pepper.” Layna tells me. I smile and take Pepper out of my lap and put him down on the ground. I pick Layna up and set her in my lap. I stroke her hair, as she twirls a piece of grass between her fingers. After about ten minutes, we stand up, and I take her hand. And we start dancing to the soft wind song in the background. I put my hands on her waist and she wraps hers around my neck, and rests her head on my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head and she looks up at me. We stop going in circles, and she leans her forehead on mine.

“Don’t leave me.” she tells me.

I kiss her nose and assure her, “I’m not going anywhere, baby.”

xxxxx
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it. :)