Status: Complete

Don't Forget

Seis

"What?" I asked, making sure I'd heard him correctly the first time.

"I said we should go on a double date tonight. You, David, Missy, and I. It could be fun," Kevin repeated.

I stared at him blankly. Was he serious? The last thing in the world I wanted to do was tag along on a date with Kevin and Missy. I'd spontaneously combust. Actually, I probably wouldn't. But only because I wouldn't be alone. I'd have David there to keep me sane.

"Yeah," I said slowly, "That could be interesting."

"Great!" Kevin declared with a smile.

There was something sickeningly genuine about that grin. He was sincerely happy. Kevin was happy that I was going with David and that he was going with Missy. Kevin was happy and we weren't together. I know that sounds incredibly selfish but it hurt like all hell to know that someone else, someone not me, could make him happy. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out, thrown it on the floor, and stomped on it.

I could feel bile rising in my throat. Without saying anything, I ran past Kevin and made a beeline for the bathroom. After emptying the contents of my stomach into the porcelain toilet I slouched against the wall and let the tears trickle down my cheeks. I was angry at myself for letting him affect me the way he did. There was a knock on the door and I wiped furiously at my watering eyes, hoping it didn't look to obvious that I'd been crying.

"Are you okay in there?" Kevin asked, his voice muffled by the closed door.

"I'm fine," I replied, all but hitting him with the door as I swung it open and headed for the stairs.

"So, are we still on for tonight?" Kevin asked as I opened the front door.

"Yup," I replied with false enthusiasm, digging through my purse.

I took a deep breath as my Lamborghini roared to life, and shifted into drive. Why the hell did I just say yes to him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Links
[x] David. And I did put his last name in the last chapter so this shouldn't even really need a picture.
[x] Kevynn's car

I'm sorry that I took forever to update and then all I gave you was this sorry excuse for a chapter. I just needed to get Kevynn's feelings out in the open. The next chapter will contain some Missy/Kevynn drama and a Kevin/Kevynn flashback. Hopefully I'll have it up tomorrow.