The New Girl

Billie's stalker... our friend?

Ash started to scream and ran up to the woman. “Adie! Dude you’re like my hero man!” She hugged her and I just stood there frozen from shock. Then, Ash got off and turned to Joey and pointed to him. “But wait, that makes you Joey, like Joey, Joey. But that makes your Dad like… BILLIE JOE!” and then, she shrieked again, all the while I was still frozen in shock… we were in the presence of Billie Joe fucking Armstrong’s family! How cool was this?

“Am I dreaming?” I asked, regaining my voice. So, as an answer to my question, Joey pinched me. “OW!” I shrieked. “Thanks, but next time try not to do it so hard!” I shouted. Joey just chuckled and shrugged, God that kid is weird sometimes (wait what am I saying kid? He’s my age, oh well.).

“Okay…” Adie tried to shake off the surprise of Ash’s hug. “So are any of you guys thirsty or hungry?”

“No mom, I just took them out for pizza.” Joey smiled. “Now, if you don’t mind, we’re going down to jam on dad’s instruments.”

”Wait, we’re going to play on Billie- God’s instruments?” Ash asked, all excited.

“Yeah, wait, did you just call my dad God?” Joey asked.

“No.” Ash said, trying to hide her apparent obsession with Billie. Then, we heard a rustling from the bushes outside.

“Huh? What’s that?” I asked, looking towards the front door that I had, stupidly, left open.

“Maybe a squirrel?” Ash suggested, casually.

“We should still check it out.” Joey suggested. So, we all followed Joeys lead out to the bushes just below the window a few feet from the front door. He pulled apart the branches to reveal a familiar face. A girl with Chris Cheney red hair, professional cut to two inches above her shoulders.

“Damn, damn these bushes! Damn the leaves!” The girl cursed.

“Bobbye?” Ash questioned.

“NO I AM NOT STALKING BIL- oh, yeah?” She shouted.

“You know this girl?” Joey asked.

“Yeah, she’s our best friend from St. Bernard.” I smiled.

“Ash? Liz?” she asked.
“Yup, it’s us.” Ash smiled. Bobbye shrieked and hugged each of us.

“Wait, what’s St. Bernard?” Joey asked, confused.

“Okay, St.Bernard is this little town just south of New Orleans, everybody knew everybody, every where you go you knew some one, no one was judged, it was basically paradise.” I explained.

“Oh, well come in…” Joey smiled, realizing she was a friend of ours. I’ll bet he felt really weird inviting one of his fathers stalkers in, though I was personally glad to be reunited with our old friend, for it had been a year since we had seen her and we had missed her every day of that year. And now she was here with us, could our lives get any better?