The New Girl

Jamming

Joey led us through the house, right under the stair case and into the kitchen.

"Any one feel like a drink?" Joey asked, trying to get over how awkward it was to have a girl that has probably been stalking his father in his house.... awkward much? I think so. Any way, like always, Ash freaked out.

"Oh-Oh my Billie, I-I get to drink out of a glass that Billie has drinken out of?!" Ash stammered. I shook my head in embarrassment at my friends obsession with Billie Joe Armstrong. Bobbye, surprisingly, was speechless for the first time in the five months that I had known her. Bobbye was the kind of person who always had something to say so I have to say, her lack of speech stunned me.

"Yes, now what kind of drink do you want?" Joey asked, getting out four glass cups from the dark brown wooden cabnets to the left of the refrigerator.

"Diet Coke!" I piped up. "And, since Bobbye seems not able to say a word she likes Coke."

"OOH! I like Coke!" Ash chimed happily in that funny voice that made us all laugh. I, of course, over did it with the laughing and my eyes began to water as i gasped for air.

Bobbye spoke for the first time since she entered the house. "Geez Liz, chill! Any body got an inhaler for people who can't breathe because they laugh too much?"

"Oh shut up." I shook my head still chuckling. I couldn't help it., I'm just that kind of girl.

After we had poured our drinks, Bobbye, Ash and I had some catching up to do and Joey just sat there and listened to us.

"Hey remember 'it was like garfield against the windshield.'" Bobbye smiled and we all burst into laughter.

"What?" Joey asked.

"Okay, can I tell the story?" Ash begged.

"Be my guest." Bobbye and I said in unison.

"Okay, so my mom goes out with her friend Rick, and she comes home and we can instantly tell that she is drunk as hell and she starts telling us this story about how when they were driving home, a car darts out in front of them and Rick slams on the brakes and she hits the windshield and she reinacted it, hands flying every where and she says 'it was like garfield against the windshield.' and it was funny at first but try being told that same exact story fifteen times!" Ash shook her head and smiled.

"Wow." Joey smiled. "Just wow." The conversation went on like that for well over an hour and then randomly, I shouted.

"Hey werent we going to go jam?"

"Hey that's right!" Ash sat up.

"Really?!" Bobbye chirped. "I call bass!"

"Aw man Bobbye!" I groaned. "Fine. But i get to sing!"

"Then I guess I am guitarist." Ash stated.

"What?! On drums!" Joey complained. We all laughed, as we left our glasses on the kitchen table in our excitement that we got to play our instuments. Joey led us down to the basement, into a large room with about twenty or so instruments propped up against the wall. We just used the ones that were out because we were lazy and didnt feel like pulling out other instuments. I smiled at Ash, it felt like old times when Bobbye, her and I were in a band together. Though, Joey was an addition. When everyone was in place, they nodded to show that they were ready.

"Okay, Don't Wanna Fall In Love, and a one-a two- a one, two, three, four." I counted down and every one started playing as i began singing:

Don't want to have you hangin,
Around me like a leech.
I think you're just a problem,
So stay the hell away from me because I don't believe in you.
And I wanna sit here all my life alone.
This may sound a little rough,
Don't wanna fall in love.
Don't need security.
I ain't no dog without a bone.
Don't have no time for love.
So stay the fuck away from me because I don't believe in you,
And I wanna sit here all my life alone.
This may sound a little rough.
Don't wanna fall in love.

This may sound a little rough.
Don't wanna fall in love.
This may sound a little rough.
Don't wanna fall in love.
This may sound a little fucked.
Don't wanna fall in love.


As the guitars began to fade, some one started clapping. We all whirled around to see someone in the shadows. Could it be.... no... but it was. Oh my God I was face to face with none other than Billie Joe Armstrong! I felt like screaming but i didnt want to seem like a teenie so I restrained myself. I couldnt believe this... maybe i was dreaming?