Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 1

I can remember my first day at Hogwarts as clear as if it had happened yesterday. I don't really see how it's possible to forget your first day in a school like this. Everyone was so full of excitement and butterflies and curious to what would happen next.

"First years listen up!" Professor McGonagall hushed, "You are to follow me down the Great Hall in a single file line as you await to be sorted into your houses."

My gut full of excitement, this place felt like a dream I never wanted to wake up from. Everyone around me looked just as nervous and excited as I was.

Professor McGonagall opened two big oak doors leading into the Great Hall. Every student seemed to turn to see the new first years walk in. I followed the line of first years down the Great Hall nervously, trying not to stare at the students already seated. I could hear whispers coming from them.

I waited eagerly yet nervously for my name to be called. I noticed that the ceiling in the Great Hall looked like as if you were staring into the sky itself. A couple students standing before me were sorted and every time a student was sorted their house members would roared with excitement.

"Barker, Renae." Professor McGonagall called.

I walked up and stood next to her as she placed what I heard to be called the sorting hat atop my head.

"Hm, looks like we've got ourselves Dumbledore's granddaughter!" the hat said a loud.

Students all around me where whispering, "Now lets see, hm well certainly not Hufflepuff...ah yes I do believe I've found the perfect house for you...Slytherin." the hat hissed.

Everyone seemed shocked, and so was I. Dumbledore rose, "Surely you've been mistaken?"

"Afraid not sir, I know a Slytherin when I see one. But I suppose everyone expected her to be a Gryffindor."

Eyes followed me as I made my way towards the Slytherin house table. Slytherins on the other hand cheered as I made my way to them. They came up and introduced themselves to me but I was too bothered to be listening to them. Everyone in my family had been in Gryffindor, so why wasn't I?

I focused my attention back to the sorting hat, "Conners, Audrey!" McGonagall called. She placed the hat on her head and waited.

"Ah, yes this is a difficult decision. Has traits of Gryffindor as well as Slytherin..." the hat was silent for a moment, "better be Slytherin!"

I felt at ease knowing she'd be in my house, now only if I was lucky enough for Jasmine to be also. "Williams, Jasmine?" McGonagall called forward.

The hat barley touched Jasmine's head, "Slytherins the house for you!"

I couldn't have been happier that I got both my best friends in my house. It'd sure make things a lot easier.

After the sorting of first years was done Dumbledore gave out announcements and wishing everyone a good year. As soon as his speech was done food filled the tables, the welcoming feast started and everyone helped themselves.

Dumbledore rose again, "Harry Potter, if would you come up her please. I'd like a word with you." then sat down again.

Everyone knew who Harry Potter was, "the boy who lived" as everyone remembers. People wondered what Dumbledore had to ask of him.

After the feast had ended I joined the other Slytherins making their way to the common room when I was stopped in the hallway by Harry himself, "Hey your names Renae, right?"

"...Yeah"

"I'm Harry Potter, it's nice to meet you." He smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too..." I responded, still confused.

"Dumbledore said you're a great person and asked me to become your friend." he admitted.

"I don't need him making friends for me," I sighed, a bit annoyed.

"No it's not that...he just doesn't want you making the wrong friends."

"I believe I can decided that on my own. I would hope you aren't friends with someone just because you were asked to." I said, still annoyed.

"Oh, no I was thinking we could get to know each other first...then decide?" he questioned nervously.

"I suppose," I half smiled.

"Well I've got to be getting to common room before I lose my way, talk to you later." He waved, turning to follow the other Gryffindors.

That's the oddly way I met the famous Harry Potter and became an unexpected Slytherin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Harry Potter that you reconize. I do how ever own Renae.

This is what Audrey Conners looks like in the story. She's inspired by my friend.

This is what Jasmine Williams looks like in the story. She is inspired by another friend.

This is what Renae Barker looks like in the story. She's inspired by myself (x

Comment please (: