Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 13

“Are you sure you made the right choice to take him back?” Audrey asked.

“Yeah, I mean he didn’t do anything. It was her fault, she’s the one I’m still pissed at.” I noted.

“I guess so,” Audrey shrugged.

“Enough about me though, how are things with George?” I winked.

Her cheeks flushed a rosy pink, “Great actually, it’s not awkward like I expected it to be. Fred teases us, I knew that would be a given.” She laughed.

I was glad to see her so happy with someone, it’s what she deserved. Only if I could say the same about Draco and me. Things were anything but awkward with us now, I just want it to go back to before. I suppose it’s just because he thinks I’m still not completely comfortable with everything that’s happened, at least he isn’t being pushy.

“Jasmine, how are things with Cedric?” I asked, curiously.

She had a smile from ear to ear, “Really well actually, we’ve grown really close. He’s wonderful.”

My two best friends being at total peace with everything, what more could I ask for. It was hard being in such a dull mood with them so cheerful. I don’t know what more I wanted honestly, I’m still not acting like myself and the depression hasn’t left. My boyfriend didn’t cheat on me, I should be happy.

Dinner was about to start, I figured if I wanted things to be normal with Draco and me again I’d have to do something about it. We washed up and headed to the Great Hall for yet another meal.

Audrey and Jasmine followed me to the seat next to Draco. He looked up at me as I walked over and a smile drew itself on my lips. I sat down next to him and kissed his cheek and took his hand in mine under the table, intertwining our fingers together.

Everyone around us looked surprised; I forced myself to seem oblivious. Draco’s expression was the happiest I’ve seen it, “What was that for?”

“I missed you,” I smiled.

He smiled accepting that, “Good to see you being yourself again.”

That’s what I wanted right, to be myself again. Looking at the older couples made being fourteen not much fun. I wasn’t in any rush to do anything drastic, but I didn’t like having boundaries. I also remembered that tomorrow was Friday, I had been in classes for a full week, but that wasn’t the point. The second challenge was Saturday afternoon, I hadn’t even asked Harry how he was holding up, I felt like I’d been neglecting him and Ron.

After dinner Audrey, Jasmine, and I walked back to Slytherin common room with everyone else. Most everyone went to their dormitories, there was only Audrey, Jasmine, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and me left on the couches. Jasmine looked off easy and restless, “I have to go meet Cedric; I’ll talk to you guys later.”

“I’ll go with you,” I jumped; Draco knew I hung out with Ron and Harry but I knew he didn’t like hearing it.

Jasmine looked kind of surprised, “A-alright,”

“Me too, you’re not leaving me.” Audrey laughed.

I hugged Draco and exited the common room with Audrey and Jasmine. Jasmine stared at us, “Um no offense guys but I was planning on hanging out with Cedric alone….”

I laughed, “I wasn’t planning on intruding. It was an excuse to leave.”

“And I didn’t want to be left alone.” Audrey laughed.

“So what are you guys going to do then?” Jasmine asked.

“Hangout with Ron and Harry,” I answered.

“Alright, well I should get going.” Jasmine left.

Audrey and I started walking towards the Great Hall, “I haven’t a clue where Gryffindor common room is.” Audrey said.

“Me either-“ I stopped talking when saw someone in front of us.

“H-hello Renae,” I knew that stuttering well, it was Neville.

“Hi Neville,” I smiled.

“What are you two doing in this part of the castle?” He asked.

“Trying to find Ron and Harry,” I answered.

“Oh they’re in common room, want me to get them for you?” He offered.

“Please, thank you Neville.” I said.

He smiled, “Glad to help.”

When Ron and Harry came down the staircase I could sense tension between them, still. I would have thought they’d gotten over it already, “Hi guys,” Audrey and I said.

“Hi,” They answered.

We went to the library because there was nowhere else we could hangout, “Harry have you figured out the message in the egg yet?” I asked.

“Yeah, somewhat.” He didn’t sound enthused.

“Do you know what the challenge is?” Audrey asked.

“It’s at the Black Lake, something about having an hour to retrieve what is valuable to us most,” He shot a look at Ron, “Neville is helping me.”

“It’s good to see you acting like yourself again,” Ron changed the subject.

“Thanks, everything is cleared up now.”

“So I take it you forgave him?” He asked.

“There was nothing to forgive, he didn’t do anything. Pansy jumped onto him, he was about to push her off when I walked in.” I hated thinking about it.

There was an awkward silence, “I think I should get some sleep,” Harry broke it.

“Yeah, alright us too. Good luck tomorrow Harry, we’ll be watching.” I smiled and walked off with Audrey.

Saturday afternoon came quickly; everyone was gathered on stands placed on the lake. Audrey and I were late because we couldn’t find Jasmine anywhere.

“I bet she’s already here, came early to wish Cedric luck.” Audrey suggested.

“Yeah probably,” I said pushing through the crowd.

I heard Dumbledore make a quick speech about the task then a cannon went off and everyone dove into the water, I heard Neville scream “I’ve killed Harry Potter!”

I pushed my way to the front forcefully, and then I saw Harry jump out of the water like a fish and back in. I was reassured. They had exactly one hour to retrieve their treasures whatever they were. I felt a hand grab my shoulder; I looked behind me to see Draco. Hopefully he wouldn’t say anything about Harry.

First out of the water was Fleur, I overheard that she was attacked by the Grindylows in the lake. She only received twenty-five points, she didn’t retrieve her treasure.

Cedric came out next with…Jasmine? I ran over to where they came out of the water. So that explains why we couldn’t find her, “Jasmine are you alright?”

“Y-yes, Cedric saved me.” She was shivering.

Viktor came out next with Hermione, so I take it the “treasures” are people close to the champions. That means Ron is down there, what is taking Harry so long?

Harry came out last with not only Ron, but Fleur’s younger sister as well. He’s brave, some day that could be a bad thing. He always took risks if it involved saving someone.

Cedric won the task with forty-seven points, followed by Harry with forty-five, Viktor with forty, and Fleur with twenty-five. This meant that now Cedric and Harry were tied for first place.

I hugged Harry and Ron then along with everyone else we were escorted back to the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a great chapter but oh well.

Comment please (: