Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 14

With the second challenge out of the way, everyone was reassured. I think most people expected someone to get hurt by now, but thankfully no one had. Hopefully it would stay that way. Though I do have to admit, if Fleur would have gotten more than just an encounter with the Grindylows it would have been funny.

On the other hand things were going great with Draco. We were officially back to the normal couple we had been before Pansy. A part of me wanted to punch her in the face, but violence wasn’t tolerated at Hogwarts. So I controlled myself to keeping it at just ignoring her existence. If there was something that bothered her more than not getting her way, it was being ignored.

I have yet to confront Audrey about snogging George after the second challenge. I loved to tease her. They were closer than ever, if that was even possible. I think Fred felt a little left out of the group now. I never saw him with Audrey and George anymore.

Come to think of it I hadn’t seen much of Jasmine either. She’s always with Cedric now. Sure I was happy for her, she deserved him. But I would also like to spend time with her like we used to. With Jasmine always with Cedric and Audrey always with George I spent most of my time with Draco and the boys of Gryffindor.

I found it quite ironic that I was a Slytherin and I spent more time with the Gryffindor students. I think Audrey, Jasmine, and me are the only Slytherins who associate with other houses. I’m still not entirely sure why I’m even in Slytherin. I’m clearly not as cruel as the others, same thing for Audrey and Jasmine. We were Slytherin misfits.

“Renae hurry up!” Crabbe was yelling to me from the other end of the hall.

I had no idea what he could possibly want, so I ran down the hallway towards him, “What?”

“You’re going to miss it!” Goyle shouted.

I turned around the corner to witness something common with Slytherins. An older Slytherin girl I never noticed before beating on someone curled up on the floor. I moved closer to see who was getting the crap beat out of them. It…it was Jasmine!

I ran and pushed my way through the crowd of students brutally. My heart was beating fast, everyone was staring at me. I was now in the middle of everyone along with Jasmine and the other girl. She hadn’t even noticed me, I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around, looking down at me angrily, her hands clenched in fists. I punched her right in the jaw as hard as I could. She fell over, exposing Jasmine’s body on the floor.

“Jasmine, come on.” I offered her my hand and pulled her up.

I looked around us; we were surrounded by students still. Their eyes focused directly on us. I couldn’t believe I just punched someone. Talk about adrenaline rush. That’s what happens when you mess with my friends.

I could hear yelling from behind all the students. I knew a teacher was coming. They all moved to make way for Professor McGonagall. I turned around to push my way through the students to try to save my life.

“Hold it right there you two!” She barked.

Oh crap I’m dead; I turned around to face a very red faced Professor McGonagall.

“Miss Barker…I never in my days expected you to be involved with a fight.” It was obvious she was as shocked as I was.

“I…I can explain,” I mumbled.

“You two come with me, I’ll get the nurse for that one.” She looked at the girl on the floor.

I looked at Jasmine with scared eyes, I didn’t know what to expect. Jasmine better have a good excuse for why she let that loaf beat the crap out of her.

Students stared at us as we walked past. Pansy, Daphne, Crabbe, Goyle, Harry, Ron, Fred, and Draco were among them. I knew this was going to be the talk of the week, great. I would have to explain the story a million times, that would be hard seeing as I don’t know the story.

“Since I am not the head of Slytherin I’m afraid it is up to Professor Snape to decide the punishment.” Professor McGonagall said.

“Can we explain what happened first, really it wasn’t our fault.” I begged.

“You can explain yourselves once Professor Snape gets here.” She said.

We were sitting in her office for what seemed like forever until Professor Snape finally came, “You can start to explain now,” Professor McGonagall said.

“Well I saw students gathered in the hallway and I was curious what was happening. So I pushed myself to the front and when I noticed Jasmine was getting beat on, I just punched the girl before she punched me.” I exhaled.

“Miss Williams, what happened before Miss Barker got there?” McGonagall questioned.

I was curious to know myself. Jasmine’s face was pale and I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it, “Well I was in the hall by myself, I was going to meet someone. Then that girl just came around the corner and started yelling at me….”

McGonagall looked at her, “What did she say to you?”

Jasmine sighed, “She…said I was a disgrace to all Slytherins. She called me pathetic and told me I didn’t belong here. She said I was a Slytherin and shouldn’t be dating a stupid Hufflepuff and be hanging out with Gryffindors.”

Everything was quiet for a moment, “I’m sorry Miss Williams. She had no right to say that. Some children can be so cruel.” McGonagall sighed.

“Miss Williams is excused from detention, but Miss Barker I’m afraid you won’t be so lucky.” Snape sneered.

I was frustrated, “I get detention because I hit someone for beating my best friend for not being a stuck up Slytherin? How is that fair!”

“Don’t raise your voice with me. You know violence is not tolerated, no matter the situation. You will have detention with Filch for one week.” Snape hissed.

This wasn’t fair. I don’t care if violence isn’t tolerated; I wasn’t going to let my friend get beat right in front of me. So much for Snape giving me a break. That girl better be in for more than just one week of detention.

“You both are excused, return to your houses now.” McGonagall ushered us.

I walked out of her office with Jasmine. We were quiet until we got to the common room, “Jasmine don’t let her get to you. She’s scum and just jealous. There’s nothing wrong with having friends in other houses. You’re a Slytherin just like Audrey and me. You belong here.”

“Thanks Renae,” Jasmine smiled a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler for now :P

Comment please, they keep me going (: