Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 17

I so wasn’t looking forward to spending the whole day doing whatever Filch asked of me. Detention blows, big time. This has to be maybe my second detention since I’ve been at Hogwarts, so what if I was a good kid.

“Hurry up,” Filch barked.

His attitude never changed, I followed behind him in silence. He brought me to the trophies; I knew what he was going to make me do.

“You are to clean as many of these trophies without magic, trust me you’ll be in for more detention if you dare to use that wand of yours. Get started, I’ll be back in two hours.” He sneered.

I sighed; I swear Filch enjoyed bringing misery on students. I didn’t see how I deserved this, I got used to using magic for everything I did. Not using it made me feel so empty and useless. I might as well get started because if I didn’t have enough cleaned when Filch got back, I wouldn’t hear the end of it.

As I started cleaning the trophy in front of me I heard Filch lecturing someone and coming this way. I hurried up my pace.

“You’ll be cleaning trophies with Barker today.” He hissed.

I was a bit afraid to even glance to see who he was torturing now. I had no reason to fear Filch, but he gave everyone the creeps. No one wanted to give him an excuse to yell at them, including me.

I heard Filch walk off, “What a bloody goon isn’t he?”

I turned to see Fred, even if the dreams weren’t really mine seeing him couldn’t be more awkward. I turned back to the trophies, “He’s not the nicest I suppose.”

He laughed, “You think, what are you here for?”

“Punching that Slytherin girl in the hallway.” I answered.

“Oh yeah, I walked in on that. I wouldn’t have expected that from you, even if you are a Slytherin.” He joked.

“Well she deserved it.” I defended myself.

“What was she even punching Jasmine for?” He wondered.

“She told Jasmine she didn’t belong in Slytherin. How she was a disgrace for dating a Hufflepuff and being friends with Gryffindors.”

“Some of the things people say to each other I’ll never understand. People like that are good for nothing. Jasmine shouldn’t feel ashamed for being one of the three people who give Slytherin a good name.”

“Three?” I asked.

“You, Audrey, and Jasmine of course.” He replied.

“Oh,” I guess I should take that as a compliment.

“Something bothering you?” He asked.

“I’m not sure about you, but cleaning trophies isn’t my choice of entertainment.”

He laughed, “Agreed. Then what is your choice of entertainment?”

I had to think for a moment, “Why?”

“It’s just a question,” He assured me.

“Well anything but getting stuck in detention with Filch sounds pretty good right now.” I answered.

“Good answer. Well what if we could make it a bit more interesting?” He asked.

“How so…”

“Well like this for instance,” He took out his wand releasing a spell making fireworks go off.

“Fred are you mad? You’re going to get us killed!” I yelled.

“Oh calm down Renae,”

“You can’t think he didn’t hear that.” I asked.

“I’m not that naïve, now quickly continue cleaning.” He ordered.

The fireworks stopped and Filch ran in, “What are you two up to?”

“Cleaning,” Fred answered simply.

Filch was about out of breath, “One more noise from this room and I’ll have you two cleaning the bathrooms!” He shouted, and then left.

“There’s no way I’m cleaning the bathrooms.” I protested.

“I didn’t plan on it either,” He laughed.

“I might just find myself in here for another week.” I sighed.

“Why’s that?” He asked, curiously.

“I might just teach Pansy a lesson about keeping her huge nose out of my business.”

“You’d be doing everyone a favor. Well don’t you have a kick at a violent start?” He laughed, “If I may ask what has she done to you?”

I sighed, “Well most recently she’s been tampering with my dreams…” I thought about the next part and decided not to add that, “Control my dreams basically.”

“Ah, that’s a good one…but I can’t imagine anything good coming from Pansy controlling your dreams. What’d she make you dream about?” He asked.

I took a deep breath; I obviously wasn’t going to tell him the truth, “Uh, me being the most hated student at Hogwarts.” I lied.

“Not like that’d ever happen.”

After spending hours cleaning trophies I was free to do as I pleased for the remainder of the day. I looked around the castle before I found Crabbe and Goyle. I couldn’t find anyone else so they’d have to do for now.

“Hey Crabbe, hey Goyle.”

“Hi Renae,” They both replied.

“How was detention?” Goyle joked.

“Delightful,” I scowled.

“We heard about, you know you’re dreams you’ve been having.” Crabbe spoke.

I sighed, “I’d imagine you would. Pansy’s got another thing coming if she thinks she can keep pestering me.”

“Pansy made you have those dreams?” They asked.

“Yeah, you’d think she’d get the hint to back off by now.”

“I think she’s incapable.” Goyle laughed.

“Why haven’t either of you told her off?” I asked.

“Are you mad, we don’t want listen to her whine.”

I laughed, “Sounds just like her.”

“She’ll never learn, so we’re not gonna give her a reason to complain to us for.”

“Well, I wish she’d just leave me alone. Draco doesn’t even like her, but she thinks he does for whatever reason.”

“She’s got a big head.” Crabbe noted.

I laughed, “You got that right. Well I better go; I got to go find Audrey and Jasmine.”

I ran into Neville who informed me that he saw Audrey and Jasmine down by the lake, so I decided I’d go check it out. Thankfully enough they were still there so it saved me the trouble of running around the castle to find them.

“Hey,” I walked up to them.

“Oh, hi. How was detention?” Jasmine picked on me.

I sat down on a rock next to the ones they were on, “I had detention with Fred…”

“What’s so bad about that? I would think he’d make it a bit more enjoyable.” Audrey asked curiously.

“Um well, long story short. Pansy has been messing with my dreams and making me dream of cheating on Draco with Fred. So it’s just pretty awkward seeing him now.” I sighed.

“When will she ever stop, seriously Draco doesn’t like her anyway. I don’t know why she’s so persistent.” Audrey said.

“There’s something wrong with her brain.” Jasmine laughed.

“Defiantly,” Audrey and I agreed.

“What did you have to do in detention anyways?” Jasmine asked.

“I had the pure enjoyment of cleaning trophies without any magic with Filch watching me like a hawk.”

“That’s my kind of fun,” Audrey joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please (: