Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 2

I’ve made a lot of friends here at Hogwarts, but my closest friends were Audrey, Jasmine, Ron, Harry, and oddly enough Draco. I wouldn’t say that Draco and I were the best of friends but we had this weird connection. Out of all the people he torments and makes fun of he has never once insulted me. We somewhat talked a lot but I still felt like I knew nothing about him.

Me being close friends with Ron Weasley, along with Audrey and Jasmine we were introduced to his family. Audrey was closer to the twins than a lot of people. Over the years they pulled a lot of good pranks on people. She seemed to fancy one twin in particular, George. Though every time Jasmine or I asked her she’d act like she didn’t hear us then change the subject.

Jasmine on the other hand had a thing for Harry, but Audrey and I were sworn to secrecy. With Harry being famous as some would call it, Jasmine didn’t let others know she liked him. She didn’t want to just be another fan girl to him.

I arrived at Diagon Alley a week before school started to meet up with Audrey, Jasmine, Ron, Harry, George, Fred, and Hermione (who always gave me the feeling she didn’t care for me). We all got our needed supplies for the coming school year. We went to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour before heading home.

When Hogwarts Express came Audrey, Jasmine, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and I sat in a compartment. They all looked as if something was bothering them. I couldn’t take the silence, “…Something bothering you guys?”

“We’ve got to tell you something,” Harry stood up and shut the door, “we went to The Quidditch World Cup this summer and death eaters showed up…I’ve been having weird dreams lately too.”

“Sirius would like to know about this Harry,” Hermione snapped.

“I’ll send him a letter then.”

Finally at the castle for my fourth year, everyone made their way into the Great Hall. Dumbledore informed everyone that there were two schools coming to join us this year, everyone rushed outside to see them.

The first group of students arrived by flying horses pulling a carriage. The next school arrived by boat. Everyone was escorted back into the castle and seated in the Great Hall.

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year...but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who do not know, The Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests, for each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later, now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbaton Academy of Magic. And their head mistress madame Maxime."

As Dumbledore stopped talking the girls entered the Great Hall. More than half the boys started whistling and making witty comments. Everyone was surprised to see that their headmistress was several feet taller than Dumbledore.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang...and their high master, Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore introduced them.

The doors to the Great Hall opened once more. The guys of Drumstrang entered holding staffs, hitting them against the floor. This time it was the girls making all the noise, by giggling and making comments about how cute they thought they were. More attention came to them as everyone noticed Viktor Krum.

"Your attention, please! I'd like to say a few words.... Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this...we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation...Mr. Bartemius Crouch." Dumbledore announced.

Just as he finished talking the ceiling started thundering. Someone barged in, with a flick of his wand the ceiling went back to normal.

"That's Mad-Eye Moody, the Auror. He's a dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him." Whispered someone at my table.

Moody walked over to Dumbledore and shook his hand as Bartemius Crouch stood before everyone, "After due consideration...the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety...no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final."

Everyone started yelling out and complaining, I even heard two voices that I believe belonged to the Weasley twins shout, "that's rubbish!"

"Silence," Dumbledore roared. He flicked his wand towards a rectangular box and it started to disappear reveling a large cup, "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves, to the the tournament need only to write their name upon a piece of parchment...and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not so lightly. If chosen, there is no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."

"I wonder who will be chosen for Hogwarts." Jasmine whispered.

"At least we know it won't be the dreadful Harry Potter." Draco spat.

After Draco's little remark his eyes met mine. He gave me a faint smirk, I forced myself to look the other way so he wouldn't noticed I started to blush.

Audrey, Jasmine, and I did although get a bit annoyed with his hateful remarks towards Harry since we were friends of his. Everyone figured he was just jealous of Harry. I felt deep down that Draco wasn't as mean as he let everyone believe. But maybe that's just because I wanted everyone to see he couldn't be all that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please.

Note: I start school 8/24 so updates will be slow, but I will try to write when ever I get the chance! (: