Sequel: Where Did We Go Wrong
Status: Completed. Everyone check out the sequel "Where Did We Go Wrong"!

I've Been Waiting for You to Make Your Move

Chapter 5

Today was the day Dumbledore would be announcing the three champions competing in the three deadly tasks for a shot at winning the Triwizard cup. The whole morning Draco had been ignoring me. In our classes he would pick the seat farthest away from mine. Every time I saw him in the hallway he'd turn around and go the other way. Then at the breakfast and lunch feast he didn't even look at my end of the table.

We were hours away until the dinner feast began. Audrey was spending the down time with Fred and George, so Jasmine and I were left to find something to do to pass the time. We were standing outside the Slytherin common room entrance because I had a feeling Draco was in there, and if he was avoiding me, I was going to make it easier for him.

"I'm bored," Jasmine whined.

"Me too, what should we do? We can't stand here until dinner." I sighed

"Um...let's-"

She was cut off by a Hufflepuff boy, "Hi, Jasmine is it?"

I looked at Jasmine confused; as I saw her cheeks turn from a pale white to a ruby red, "Y-yes."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Cedric Diggory; well I guess I'll see you around then." He smiled, and continued to walk down the hallway.

"What in the bloody hell was that?" I asked.

"...I have no idea. I've never talked to him before. He's probably just being nice...right?" She stumbled.

"Well he's a sixth year, come to think of it I've seen him before at the feasts and I'm sure we've got some classes with him. I guess I never payed too much attention since I didn't know him." I shrugged.

"Oh yeah, I remember him now. He always stares at us." Jasmine noted.

"You," I smiled.

"What was that?" She didn't hear me.

"Oh nothing, let's go for a walk to the Great Hall for something to do." I suggested.

"Sure," She agreed.

We walked to the Great Hall and didn't run into anyone, everyone else was off somewhere else, "Renae, Jasmine!" We heard someone familiar yell from behind us.

We turned to see Ron and Harry running up to us, "Hi guys," we answered.

I hugged Ron when he reached us, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to try to find you guys and this is the first place we looked." Ron said.

"How lucky," I joked.

"Where's Audrey?" Harry asked, noticing she wasn't with us.

"With Fred and George," I shrugged.

"Should've known," Ron chuckled.

All four of us decided to walk the castle together. Most people were in their common rooms, so the halls were fairly empty still. We tried looking for Audrey and the twins so we all could hang out, but we failed to do so. We still had about an hour to kill before dinner, so we decided to go hang out in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom because no one dared to go in there.

"Hello Harry," Myrtle giggled.

"Oh hi Myrtle," He replied.

Everyone thought Myrtle had a soft spot for Harry. She always flirted with him every chance she got. Up until third year she stopped hating Audrey, Jasmine, Hermione, and I because she thought we were trying to "steal" Harry away from her.

"So...hows Malfoy treating you?" Ron sneered.

"...What'd you mean?" I asked.

"Everyone's talking about it. How Malfoy's got a thing for you. The the other night when we were in the library and I hugged you he didn't seem to like that one bit." Ron informed me.

"He doesn't have a thing for me. No one knows what they're talking about." I was starting to get a bit annoyed.

"Then what's the real story?" Ron raised his eyebrows.

"Well we've talked a bit throughout the years and surprisingly he's never been mean to me. A couple nights ago he asked me to sit with him and he kept asking if I was dating Harry-"

"Why would he think you were dating Harry?" Ron interrupted.

"Who knows," I shrugged, "he asked if I was dating you after I said no about Harry."

Ron's ears turned pink along with his cheeks, "Well I get why he asked about me, really since we hang out more. But why does he have a sudden interest in who you're," Ron stopped himself and his expression changed completely, "he's got a thing for you."

"Everyone keeps telling me that, but I can't imagine him liking anyone really, especially not me." I said.

"It does make sense why he ran out of the library the other night furiously." Jasmine noted.

"You're not going to date him are you?" Ron sounded concerned and disgusted.

"Who said anything about dating him? It's doubtful that'll happen."

"So, who do you think the champions will be?" Jasmine asked, changing the subject.

"Dunno," Harry replied.

"Me either," I shrugged, "the tasks are going to be harsh. Dumbledore himself said they were deadly."

"Wish I could enter," Ron sighed.

"I don't," Harry objected.

"Oh great," I sighed.

"What?" Ron asked.

"We've got five minutes to get to the Great Hall."

"Shit!" Jasmine yelled.

We said bye to Myrtle and carefully left the bathroom, checking to make sure no one was in the hall. We all ran to the Great Hall hoping we'd make it. We had to stop dead in our tracks because we heard Filch coming.

When we got to the Great Hall everyone was already in there. Thankfully the speech hadn't started yet so we weren't totally late. Everyone turned towards us as we made our ways to our separate tables. Harry and Ron hurried over towards the Gryffindor table as Jasmine and I hurried to the Slytherin table. I saw Draco, who was staring at me hatefully, I just put my head down and went to our usual spot.

"It's about time you two got here, I was beginning to come up with theories to what happened." Audrey whispered.

"What's the best one you came up with?" I whispered back.

"That you two got kidnapped by Mad-Eye," Audrey joked.

Jasmine and I both tried to hold in our laughter, "We'll tell you later what really happened." I whispered.

"Sit down. Please." Bartemus Crouch hissed.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The Champion Selection." Dumbledore announced.

He dimmed the candles surrounding the Great Hall, then slowly walked over to the Goblet of Fire. Everyone stared, a piece of parchment sprung out from the cup, "The Durmstrang champion is...Viktor Krum."

Everyone cheered as Viktor stood up and walked over to shake Dumbledore's hand. Another parchment erupted out of the cup, "The champion for Beauxbatons is...Fleur Delacour."

Fleur did the same as Viktor and stood up to shake Dumbledore's hand. Then went to stand beside Viktor.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore roared.

Everyone clapped happily, "Renae...that's the guy..." Jasmine stuttered.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions...the vessel of victory...the Triwizard Cup!"

Voices grew quiet as everyone noticed the Goblet of Fire was acting up, another piece of parchment came from the cup and Dumbledore grabbed it, "Harry Potter!"

Everyone gasped, they were all confused as to how he got his name in the goblet, "He's a cheat!" Students shouted.

All eyes were on Harry as he walked up to Dumbledore, took his parchment, and went to stand next to the other champions.

Students were all escorted back to their common rooms by the prefects, while the four champions went to meet in a different room, "How do you think he got his name in the goblet?" Audrey questioned.

"Dunno, but it couldn't have been him. Every time we talked about it he said he didn't want anything to do with it." I defended him.

"I wonder if they'll make him stay in the tournament..." Jasmine's voice cracked.

"Let's just go to bed and talk to him in the morning." I suggested.

I knew Harry didn't put his name in the cup. But who would have? Did someone want to get him killed? Hopefully they don't keep him in the tournament....
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please (: