Status: Rewriting ;)

Mist Always Covers Mystery

In the beginning...

Sixteen Years Ago

There wasn’t anything left for her to do. She was too young for this, too young for anything, only at the mere age of fifteen and it was as if her life had already ended. Which in reality, in sort of had.

Wrapped in a stained, colored drained blanket was a newborn baby who barely moved as the girl of fifteen ran through the pouring ran towards a place she had come to know so well. The tacky neon light on the side of the building illuminated the girls haunted, dark eyes as she jogged towards the door. She was too young to have seen so much.

“By baby,” The girl whispered, settling her down onto the doorstep. “I know this is kinda cliché, leaving you on a doorstep and all, but I have to. I’m not staying around much longer since I’ve ruined everything so know I’m gonna go.”

Gently, she kissed the baby’s delicate forehead, causing the baby to wrinkle in its nose.
“Sorry that your past is gonna be such a mystery but with a past like this it’s for the better.”

With that the girl stood, leaving the baby cold and alone on the doorstep. She made a left as she reached the main street and began heading towards the outskirts of the town. Her destination made her feet glue to the floor but she kept walking, determined to carry everything out.

The wind was strong when she reached the bridge, the name of which had been long forgotten. Her dress whipped around her shins but she didn’t shiver whilst she climbed onto the rusting railings. Her hand clung to the nearest pole too scared to let go yet as the wind slowed her grip released and her fear was carried away. Letting go had been too easy, she didn’t feel like she deserved an exit this easy but she was too young for any of this so it only seemed fair that finally one thing in her life should be this simple. After all, this girl had only seen a world of pain and in her final moments she didn’t see pain, she saw happiness. Something she had never seen, for that was something she seemed too old for.

Present Day

Ember glanced down at the little white stick in her hand and sighed. This wasn’t happening to her again, surely? But it seemed that it was. The test had come back negative and there wasn’t any way to say that it was wrong because this time she had bought several tests and they had all said the same thing. That she wasn’t pregnant, again.

It had been her last hope. Gerard had told her countless times that they could barely afford the IVF that she had been getting at several thousand dollars a time, only for the end result to be the same, it hadn’t worked.

Ember turned her head away from the ominous white stick in her hand. She now had to tell her husband once more. She knew he would be disappointed but how could he not be?

“Ember? Is it done?” She heard Gerard call from their bedroom.

She bit back a sob and wiped away the tears that had begun to spread over her face. She couldn’t bear it. Fourteen years of marriage. Eight years of trying to get pregnant. It was all over, all her dreams o f a son or a daughter. Mini Gerard’s running around their huge house which had lately seemed to be very empty to her.

“Baby, come here.” She called back, trying not to let her voice quiver as she did so.

The quickening pace of his footsteps told Ember that he knew it was bad news.

Gerard felt his heart rate quicken at his wife’s voice. She was his world and if he could give her everything then he would. If only there was a magic pill that could take away all the problems that had caused the love of his life to seem unable to fall pregnant after all these years.

He just wished he had enough money to carry on the IVF, but he couldn’t cope with the higher cost of everything and still have enough money to pay for his wife to undergo the fertility treatment. He would do anything for her to smile again. He hadn’t seen her smile in… forever.

The pair glanced at the other and the words remained unspoken as they didn’t need to be said. The look that was in Ember’s eyes was all the confirmation that Gerard needed to be sure that his worst fears had been realized. There would be no baby after all.

And there was nothing he could do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you didn't notice, we are re-writing :D woop woop, hopefully this time this story will be goodXD yeah for goodness.

This is LittleDeath here, Holly Amber for those who want to know me on a more personal level. I will be writing my authors notes in pink (despite having a partial loathing towards the color), as cream writing won't show up too well on a white background and weird as that may be cream is my favourite color. Anyway, I digress, but what I intended to say was that this story is back with a vengeance and Kate and I have aged a considerable bit since I originally began this story approximately three/four years ago so lets just say it will improve dramatically! For those previous readers, the actual plot of this story has not really changed, we've merely developed it and added extra spin-offs and gave smaller characters bigger parts, though I do doubt we have any previous readers still remaining! But we hope you enjoy this and comment with your views.

Sunshine Suicide at your service. As Holly said, this hopefully isn't going to change too much, but there will be much better and longer chapters, a better layout and more in depth character development which will make this a lot better. See we actually planned this so we know what is happening with each character. Those of you who have already read this I would advice you to read it again because it will make things clearer and also it will be a lot more enjoyable. It would make my life if people were still interested and things, so please recomment this ;)