A Conversation on IM

"Good job, Dirtluver"

KELSEY'S P0V

I looked outside, "Is that Joe Jonas?" The person outside saw me pointing at them, and he gasped. He jumped into the SUV outside and drove away. Nikki's face froze.

"It was Joe Jonas, wasn't it?" I said, and opened the freezer door angrily. I stuck my face in the icy air and just breathed. I put my head around the door.

NiCOLE'S P0V
Kelsey stuck her head out from the freezer and calmly asked, "Ice cream?" I nodded, bewildered. She proceeded to scoop me out some chocolate ice cream and some cake batter ice cream for herself. She passed me a bowl and motioned over to the living room, where I nervously sat down in the white sofa across from her.

She popped some ice cream in her mouth, and said, "Joe? Explain please."

The story piled out in the fastest of breaths, "Ok, so I met Joe when we were at the party together, and we really hit it off. He asked me out that night and I said yes. Then you positivly freaked out in the cab about how they were like, the sons of all evil so I didn't tell you. So when you guessed I wasn't texting my mom I said it was Josh cause I was afraid you'd kill me! So I told him about it and even though I really pissed him off, he said it would be fine, and he'd back me up so I-" Kelsey started to choke and I jumped up.

"OH MY GOD! I KILLED YOU!" I said, dropping my ice cream on the table and starting to freak out. Kelsey dropped her ice cream on the table and fell on the floor. I looked closer at her. She wasn't choking, she was laughing. Kelsey grabbed the char and sat on it again as she pulled herself together, her breath still coming in ragged gasps.

I was shocked. This was so unlike her. Normally if I had done something like this, she would have given me her death stare, which could scare the pants off of ANYbody.

"It's ok Nikki, I'm not mad," she said, trying to catch her breath.

"Are you high?" I asked, scared out of my mind.

Kelsey looked me directly in the eyes, and burst into laughter again.

"Stop it Nikki," she gasped, "This is killing me!"

"Oh my god! STOP IT! Your seriously scaring me!" I said, practitly to tears. She noticed how upset I was and stopped laughing.

"Girl, you don't give me any credit at all!" She finally said, and I looked at her, shocked.

"What is going on here?!" I yelled, and she nonchalntly picked up her ice cream and put a big scoop in her mouth.

"You see," she said, talking through the ice cream, "I may not know Josh that well, but I know you back to front. And I know that if you went out with Josh Hutcherson, who you call your fairy princess, the world would end."

I blushed, "But what made you think Joe?"

"I didn't. I did not expect Joe. But I did know that if you would lie to me about a guy, he must be a really big deal to you. And I'm your friend, not your dad. If I don't like the guy, then I'm not going to take it out on you! And you were right, not all of them are bad. I'm seeing Kevin this weekend anyway!"

"Are you positive your not high?" I asked slowly, "You just a) agreed with me, and b) said you were going to hang out with KEVIN JONAS. I thought you thought he was gay!"

Kelsey shot me a faux-glare, "We're meeting at the gym. I promised I'd give him my statement for the press. Cole's ok with it, you should be too."

I nodded, still in shock, but I quickly changed the subject, "So how was the date with Cole?"

Kelsey blushed a pale pink on her tanned cheeks. "It was...nice" she said, with a shy smile.

The moment was soon gone though, and she gave me a trademark evil smile, "Well, tonight has been eventful. I'm still going to get back at you for lying, but I'm proud of you. You did a good job, dirtluver."

She got up and walked past me, model-walking because she knew how much it would annoy me. As she passed me, she twitched her hips and I smacked her butt.

"That's for the dirtluver crack. Go to bed, short stuff. Maybe you'll get taller!" I said and Kelsey ran up the steps, stopping at the top step to stick out her tounge and blow a raspberry. I grabbed the dirty dishes and put them in the sink. I sat down in one of the kitchen chairs and breathed a big deep breath. I wasn't dead.

I quickly texted Joe about what happened. He texted a one word answer back. "WOW." I laughed as I read it. Then the fatigue of the whole night hit me. I had to go to sleep. I dragged myself to my room and changed out of the party dress. I loved when Kelsey was in a good mood, but I knew by tomorrow she would be dropping break-up hints. But hey, it was Kelsey. I was used to all of this. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I then walked past Kelsey's room and looked at her sleeping form in her bed.

I whispered slowly, "Thanks Kels. Way to be a good person for once."

"I can hear you!" I heard Kelsey snap, but I heard the smile in her voice.

I was half-asleep, but I knew there was one thing I had to do. I opened my computer, and quickly sent one aim.

NiiiKKix3 to surferboy44
NiiiKKix3: i dont know what u did, but thanks.
surferboy44:: haha np. keep an eye on her 4 me, k?
NiiiKKix3:: np. night cole.

I signed off and fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOT! I did itt(:
i must say, nikki's line, "are you high?" has to be my favorite line so far.
stephs doing the next chappter. and the dirtluver thing-- its an inside joke from, gawd, 5th grade? wow. im getting oldd ):

hahaha, jkkk, so thats all for mee this sectionn (:
comments are loved and so is all feedbackk