Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

01. Catch But No Release.

******************
It was a dark cloudy night in Chicago,and it was not a good night to be lost.

"Crap," Sage Hartwell muttered under her breath quietly as she walked down the sidewalk that she had thought that would lead her home as normally, but apparently she'd taken a wrong turn some where back on the main square and now she was lost.Very VERY lost.

She stopped quickly, flickering her gaze quickly to look around her to make sure that no one was following her home.But she was oh so wrong.Someone was following her.

Mike Carden kept a quick,steady pace as he walked behind the bronze(but at the same time) blond haired girl that he had so conveniently found a few minutes earlier. She's perfect. He thought to himself as he continued on following the girl.

Now, it was going on a hour and he could tell that she was getting tired by the way that she decreased her pace that at some point had been fairly quick, even for a human.

He gave a sly grin that only himself could see. Mike would make his move soon, but a few more minutes and the girl would me too tired to go a mile further.

Quickly Sage faultered in her step, tripping quickly and skinning the thin skin of the palm of her hand.

She landed on the ground with a dull thud, quickly sitting up but not managing to get up as her ankle buckled over in pain beneath her weight. "Ugh.." She groaned slightly, trying to stand up one more time, unsuccessfully.

Exactly.

Mike Carden had Sage Hartwell exactly where he wanted her to be at this point. Soon enough, he would be on his way to "The Mansion" and he would present this girl to William,exactly as he planned.

Oh how happy(if that was the right word to use) William would be when he (Mike) would present the girl.

Maybe he would be happy enough sort of mood to give Mike the upper status that he wanted(or rather craved,but wanted was good enough) among the others of his kind.

That would be very very nice.

It was right then and there that Mike decided to make his move on the girl.

He sprang forward quickly, lightly sinking his teeth into her neck enough to were it would knock her out some,and it would give him just enough time to her to William.

There would be no time to waste however.He'd need to move nonstop, only stopping when there was the danger of someone seeing him carrying the un-conscious girl.

When she went unconscious Mike picked her up swiftly.

"Come on.." He said quickly, picking her up wedding style with a sly sort of grin set upon his pale skinned face.

Mike looked around him,seeing nothing but darkness around him. He couldnt be too careful.
If anyone saw him, that would be the end of his well thought out plan. He heard the giggles of several girls ahead, and quickly darted into the darkness of a nearby alley-way.

The girls passed by and he waited for them to get out of sight, then and only then did he venture out again, setting off into the darkness that kept him for the most part well hidden from the view of passerby.

The mansion that all the dandies lived in was exactly thirty or fourty minutes away from were he was with Sage now.

The way to the mansion was accessable by a small gap in the trees in a grove that was outside of the city.

Also, it was conveniently placed at the part of the city where no one went, so there was no chance of anyone finding out about them.

It took Mike no time at all to get out of the main part of Chicago.

When he walked a few steps into the trees, he heard a voice talking to him harshly.
"What is this,Carden?"

He turned around to glance into the face of Ryan Ross,who was pointing at Sage in his arms.

"None of your buisness Ross."

"Do you know that you could have been seen?"

"Was I? No. Am I here where no one but the others can see me? Yes. Am I idiot that doesnt know that he could very well be seen? No." He snapped back at the other quickly.

"But who is she for?"

Mike grinned slyly. " I'm sure William will be very happy with me."

Ryan rolled his eyes at Mike. "Suck up." He murmured as Mike walked toward the boarded up mansion that loomed in front of him.

Soon he reached the doorstep, he knocked and then was let in when the person on the other side saw his face.

Mike turned to a room on the left where a dark chestnut haired man was sitting. Seeing that it was Mike, he got up and walked to him.

"Forgive me for risking someone seeing me, but I went out and got this girl for you."

William waved a hand,and pointed to a door to the left of him.

Mike went inside and laid the girl down,soon coming out without the girl in his arms.

*************
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like our team effort.
Mostly because this is my first team story I have done.
Story behind all of this?:
She messaged me and asked if we could do a story together. Of course me being a total bitch and said, “Psh! Yea right.”
Not very nice of me…
And then I decided, “Sure! WTF not?”
So long story short we’re working together.
Maybe I should be nicer lol.
***********************