Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

13. Sugarplums

***************
Sage was more than very thankful that William had decided to let her sleep. She had not slept well in days thanks to William's shenanigans. The bed was soft, feathery and like a good bed should; made it easy to sleep on.

Her dreams were of Brendon; and this made her feel safe.

Her sleep was slightly interrupted when a door was quickly thrown open abruptly by a tall, blond haired blue eyed dandie.

"The Hunters... They're here! They're just picking us off like flies one by one..."

All William could say was "Shh! She's asleep."

William carefully exited the room, while Sage resumed sleeping. A few hours later, Brendon burst in quietly with Patrick at his side.

"We've got an alternate hideout. She'll be safe there, and we've got to hurry or else we'll miss our window of opportunity. Let's go." Patrick said in a hushed whisper as Brendon picked up Sage in his arms.

In a flash they were out at the new hideout which was indeed more than intruder proof than the last one.

Sage felt Brendon close to her in a protective way when she was safely protected in the spare bedroom.

He'd protect her at all costs; Life or death.

Brendon thought of something he'd like to say but couldn't. "Sage, I'm sorry I put you through that, dear-heart. It won’t happen again. Will's gone now. He shouldn’t bother you now."

Shouldn't or wouldn’t?

Had to be wouldn’t…Just had to...The more Sage thought about Brendon, the more she loved him.

But something at the back of Brendon's mind was bugging him, try as he might to ignore it.

Something told Brendon that the very next threat of changing Sage they'd get would be from both Ryan and Carden, who were now very much on the war path.

They'd get their revenge.

The red alert wasn’t over yet.
********************
♠ ♠ ♠
*******************
From AvianaD: Here's the chapter written by myself! Sorry it took this ln to write it, but I had to do a rewrite because I didnt like the last few versions I had.

Me: Hey guys I'll get the next part done ASAP. Hope you like and Merry Christmas.

Please comment and subscribe.
If you do comment then thank you all.
***********