Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

07. We Will Feast

****************
"So who's this person you want to keep from Beckett?" Patrick says, his voice coming down a bit.

" This girl that Carden captured 2 nights back. He bit her so she passed out and brought her to William. Will told me to inspect her, which really meant "dispose" But...I couldn’t kill her."

Patrick nods his head. "Anything else?"

"Well, last night Will showed up at this girl's house. And she saw him through a window. He wants to turn her because she knows. About us." Brendon exits from the house and makes his way to Sage's.

Little does he know that there is trouble brewing there.

Back at Sage's, Sage is still sitting in her living room, still reading, but mostly thinking that at least her life that isn’t much is something to her because its her life.

She glances out the window, and yet again sees the face of William.

He's got that same look on his face as before.

Menacing.

And when Sage blinks, she sees the mousy haired Ryan Ross.

She takes her lip in between her teeth nervously.

"Ryan, soon enough we will feast." William gives another toothy, menacing grin.

Not far away, Brendon is walking up. Then, he sees the two, instantly knowing its William and Ryan. Now, the only thing he can think of is getting the two away from his beloved.

It’s the way he's come to think about her. Try as he might, he can’t think of her any other way.

"Get away from her. Now." Brendon growls, and it causes Ryan to jump slightly, but leaving William un-phased.

"Oh Well," William begins, and then he begins to speak in a way that he hasn’t ever spoken in, "The boyfriend's home. We should leave because this is the last time he'll see his precious girl alive."

Ryan gives a little laugh, but he doesn’t say anything else, because everything that needed to be said, has been said, and also William has finished this. And you don’t speak after Will's finished something.

Ryan and William leave, and it leaves Brendon alone.

He walks into Sage's house, seeing that the door is open, "They could have come in."

Even though Brendon hasn’t branded Sage as his own, he can feel that she's afraid.

"Sage?"

"B-Brendon? They were here..."

Brendon gives Sage a light hug, and then presses as gentle of a kiss as he can muster to her forehead.

"I know they were."

He breathes against the soft skin of her forehead.

He backs up slightly, holding Sage's face in his hands gently, "I talked to the hunters. After this...hopefully Will won’t bother you. Now, you should get some rest."

Sage nods, knowing he's right.

Soon enough, Brendon leaves, and Sage climbs into bed, her breathing soon evening out in the wonders of slumber.
**********************
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty.
Thanks to those who have commented.
She and I work hard.
Please comment and subscribe.