Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

09. Shock And Awe

***************************

Soon enough, William and the other Dandies left, leaving Brendon, a in-shock phase Sage and the hunters. Patrick and Pete knelt beside Brendon, who was kneeling by Sage, her head in his lap.

Now Sage had stopped gasping for breath that never seemed to come to her. Now she was breathing easy, but her breath was a bit shallow.

Finally, Patrick spoke up after what seemed like a whole eternity. "We can't stay here. We need to get her somewhere…safer than here."

As much as Brendon doesn’t want Sage moved because he thinks it will hurt her more, he picks her up in his arms softly. Delicately. Like Sage is almost like a broken treasure.

"Maybe she should stay with us. We have a extra guest room." Joe, one of the hunters says. "I-I don’t want to move h-.."

"Well, if you would rather take her back to her place and risk her being taken by Will in the night and killed because they 1: Tried to turn her or 2: They just killed her." Pete snaps. Brendon thinks about it for a moment, and soon decides that it is the best thing for Sage at this moment.

Brendon follows the hunters to their house which is strategically secluded in a farther off part of the woods. As soon as they get to the house, Joe shows Brendon to the guest room, and very carefully, Brendon lays Sage in the bed.

He lays beside her, and Sage's head rests gently on Brendon's chest.
She gives off a slight moan when her neck throbs with pain. Sage cant even talk, that's how shocked she is.

Normally, Sage would be complaining by now but she just can’t.

Because she knows that what happened wasn't exactly Brendon's fault.

Soon enough, Sage drifts off to sleep.

Thoughts come in the form of dreams.

And most importantly, they aren't hers.

They're mostly Brendon's thoughts of worry and Anger.

Worry because of the fact that Sage is in shock.

Anger because of what William did.

And there's another thought of Brendon getting William away from Sage.

But that's impossible because Brendon wouldn’t be able to make William pay for what he did to Sage.

And Brendon will make sure that William does.

That's a promise he'll keep till it happens.
****************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked. Thanks for the rates and votes.
Subscribe and Comment please.