It's Pretty Hard to Beat the King

Only to Be Traumatized

James had nightmares. Emily had dreams. Brody never went to sleep. Tim slept dreamlessly. Until they catch him. 'Til they get their bloody revenge. There is no time for romance. No time for fights.

***
"Another sleepless night, Brody?" asked James as he pushed his hair out of his eyes.
"Yeah," yawned Brody, as she gulpped an energy drink down.
"You know thoses aren't good for your health," Said Emily as she eyed the drink.
"It's not like I'm gonna drop dead, tomorrow." Fire back Brody.
"Jeez, don't need to have a bitch fit," Emily said under her breath.
"Sorry; I should probably take a nap," Brody said as another tiredless yawn came out.
"Tim, want the rest?" Brody asked as she shook the can.
"Might as well," Answer Tim, as he drank the rest in one gulp. With that Brody was out. Asleep on the couch.

***

Brody was running after the masked murderer. He clutch her brother, in one hand, and a knife in the other. The knife can down, and slit Tim's throat.
"Brody, get revenge," Tim whisper, as his last breath came out. His eyes rolled back into his head.


Brody woke up from her nightmare, with James arms around her. She was shaking. She was crying.

"That bastard!" Brody shouted to no one. But him. That murderer.
"Shhh. It's alright. You're safe," cooed James, as released Brody from him.
"But it was so realistic. It was so, so true," Brody whisper, as one tear escaped from her eyes.
"It was all a nightmare." James said quietly.

Or so they thought.