Status: Short Story!

Finding True Love

Chapter 14

A few hours later I woke up in the arms of someone…it wasn’t my fiancé…it was his brother. As I opened my eyes, I saw Nick starring at me with eyes I longed for as he had his arms around me, holding our bodies close.

“You’re just as beautiful asleep when you are awake,” he whispered and it caused butterflies to erupt.

“Nick…why haven’t you ever spoken up about still liking me this way?”

“Because once you and Joe started getting more serious, I couldn’t do that to my brother…and if you were happy, I was okay with it…” I felt my heart drop.

“Nick…what did we do…I cant believe this happened,” I said in a panic as I shot up and quickly put my robe on.

“LJ…” he started to say calmly.

“No Nick listen! I cheated on your brother Nick! My fiancé! How can you be so calm about this?! This isn’t right! It’s not how it was supposed to be! It wasn’t supposed to happen like this…”

“You’re right LJ, it wasn’t supposed to happen this way, we were always supposed to be together. Everyone knows it! Even Joe,” he said as he shot out of the bed and thank god he had put his boxers on cause otherwise I would’ve lost control.

"Joe knows you and I belong together, he’s just been afraid to admit it…he wants us to be together LJ! You told me about your dreams where he comes to you the night before another accident happens, well hes been in my dreams too…I know he’s going to be getting into these accidents too, hes come to me too and he tells me what he wants, he talks to me about you Lilly Jane, he wants us to happen…he knows there’s nothing anyone can do to save him”

“How does he know that?! We still have to try!” I exclaimed and I had tears in my eyes.

“But Lilly listen to yourself! You cant interfere, it might end badly and Joe wont be the only one who gets hurt, you cant risk that! And I wont let you…he told me if he cant be here for you, then I have to take his place…” he exclaimed and I saw tears brim his eyes.

“So what am I? Just some prize you two have been fighting for, for years?!”

This was too much. He laughed with out humor, like I told a lame joke.

“LJ you are so much more than that…I’ve loved you for as long as I can remember Lilly…ever since we were eight and we first met, that’s when I got my crush on you…but Joe got to you first because you were closer in age…I was so happy when we got together once we were older…then ever since we became legal adults…everything’s been so hard…why is life so difficult?” he cried out but it was more to himself this time.

“I don’t know what to do anymore LJ…I don’t know what I’m doing…I’m hurting my brother this way…I never wanted to hurt my family…and I never wanted to hurt you…but I did…and I cant turn back time…but I need you LJ…I need you more than you can know…it was always a competition between me and Joe…and I was just never capable of winning…” he stopped.

I tried to listen carefully, to take in his words.

“I love you Lilly…I’m sorry…I’m just…really sorry,” he choked out as I watched him, pick up his clothes in a hurry to leave but right when he placed a hand on the door knob, I stopped him by grabbing his other wrist.

Everything in time stopped. I pulled him back to me and kissed him roughly but passionately. “Please don’t leave,” I whispered as our foreheads were touching and our breathing was abnormal.

“I’d never leave you,” he whispered and pressed his lips against mine again. It reminded me of what Joe told me, in my dream I had…but I guess deep down I always knew it was Nick who said it.

“I love you Lilly Jane…*kiss*…so much…*kiss*…”

“I love you too Nick…*kiss*…” I said back…and we fell back onto the bed…and he was ever so gentle with me…as if I’d break…as if he thought I’d disappear forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
more of a filler