Status: Short Story!

Finding True Love

Chapter 3

“I love you…so much LJ,” he said as we faced each other.

We were on the sand at the beach. I figured I was dreaming…but I didn’t mind, I liked it…and I thought that since it was a dream with Joe, we’d be at our park…but I’m happy anywhere with him.

“I love you too…so much, you have no idea,” I replied and I was drawn closer to him.

I was in a point of view where I couldn’t see his face…and I wanted so bad to just see his face. I was like an outsider looking in on our moment but I only saw myself and the hands of the person I was holding hands with.

“Never leave me,” I whispered.

“I’d never,” he replied in a husky whisper.

Our lips were so close to the contact they were waiting for…but right before they met, I saw the face…and it wasn’t Joe. It was Nick. I was about to force myself to wake up but something stopped me. When I looked again, I saw it was Joe who was in front of me and tears flew down my cheeks like there was no tomorrow as I just hugged him tight and dug my head into his chest. I felt him chuckle lightly as I could just picture his perfect smirk on his face.

“Hello to you too,” he said smoothly.

“I hate you, you big jerk,” I mumbled but I didn’t let go of him.

I could sense he was still smirking. “I love you too” he complied and I hugged tighter.

“I hate you for leaving, it’s not fair! You couldn’t hold on longer?!” I shouted as I took a step back to look at his face but I held onto his shirt tightly and he was looking at me with a sad look.

“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely.

“You’re sorry?! You die on me and all you can say is you’re sorry?!” I exclaimed but he just continued to give me the sad look.

“It was my time…” he tried to reason.

“No! No it wasn’t! I wont believe that! I refuse to…you don’t belong here, not Heaven, not yet”

“You think I belong in Hell?” he questioned with a small smirk on his lips.

“Don’t joke,” I spat and he recomposed his figure.

“You belong on Earth with me and with your family and friends,” I added.

“What happened to our plans? We had so many plans Joe!” I exclaimed and threw my arms up into the air but then grabbed him again, afraid he would disappear.

“I know we did…but so do you and Nick,” he said gently, as if hinting to me.

“What are you talking about?” I asked like he was crazy. “Nick has nothing to do with this conversation”

“He has more to do with this conversation than you think” he snapped lightly and I just starred at him.

I didn’t mind or care that he snapped like that, because I’ve seen it before but I was just confused. He rubbed his face with his hands and when he pulled his hands away I saw his eyes begin to shimmer and he smiled lightly at me.

“Can I hug you again?” I asked shyly.

“I’d never reject a hug from you,” he said gently and pulled me into a hug and I just never wanted to let go.

“I cant do this without you Joe,” I said as I felt the tears coming again.

“You have to,” was the last thing he said before he vanished from my arms.


I shot up in my spot with a yelp and I just sat there as Nick shot up as well. “What? What’s wrong?” he asked in a panic.

“N-nothing...just go back to sleep,” was all I said before I laid back down with my back to him.

“LJ, talk to me…”

“It was just a bad dream…I’m fine,” I said dully and I heard him sigh as he laid back down as well and I listened to his breathing.

The clock on his night stand said 2:00. I shut my eyes but as soon as I did, I saw Joe’s face so I opened them again. I listened to Nick’s breathing again…it went to an even pace so I knew he was asleep. I turned to face him and I moved closer, slowly…I bent my head slightly and his scent entered my nose. It wasn’t Joe’s scent but it was still a very, very nice scent…but as I listened to his breathing and his heart beat, I thought about all the times I’ve laid beside Joe and listened to him…I needed to talk to him again…even if it was just through my dream…because honestly…I think he really was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
its not much
but its still something
comments please :)

<<333