My Conscience Called in Sick Again

Find A Safe Place, Brace Yourself

“Don’t get in there!”

“Get of me!”

“Don’t go in there!”

“You don’t fucking decide what the fuck I gonna do Kevin!”

“You won’t touch the bed!”

“Then what will happen then?”

“I will fucking kill you!”

“Oh really? Well see-“

”Don’t!”

“-I’m touching it.”

“You’re fucking…!”


That was the words that recently were screamed.

Liam had come home to me after I had forgotten to meet him down the cinema. It actually wasn’t so much ‘forgot’ as ‘I’m to drunk to come’. He had found me wasted and had got completely crazy.

But it was when he was on his way to pull me into the bedroom so that I could make it up to him that everything had went wrong. No-one was allowed to touch it. But Liam had.

And now he lay unconscious on the floor.

I sat curled up against the wall, waiting for the police to come. My shirt was ripped in pieces and it was a wonder that it still was hanging on me. I got scars and marks over my back and my stomach, the bruises did already start to change into a darker colour. My eye and forehead hurt and I had blood taste in my mouth. He never had hurt me this bad before. But then again, I never had protect myself before either.

I looked at the bed.

The covers that had been lying perfect for so long were in an almost not noticeable mess. I only knew that they didn’t lie exactly as before because I so often had looked at the bed and tried to imaging Lee lying there. And there was glass over the covers.

The glass vase I had hit Liam with was lying in pieces over the bed. Destroying what I had kept untouched for so long time.

Liam wasn’t dead. Unfortinally. Just very bloody and unconscious. I hated him. I hated every single little bit of him. To just lay my hands around his small neck and lay pressure over it wouldn’t be too hard.

But I didn’t. I would make the police arrest him for abuse instead.

Isn’t you proud over me Lee?

Lee was the one who changed me into a nice person. Before him I had been criminal. He had changed me into a different Kevin Rush. And then I had made myself change into a worse Kevin by doing that terrible towards him.

I liked the one I was with Lee better.