My Conscience Called in Sick Again

Oh, Don’t Mind Me, I’m Just Watching You

Tears are filling my eyes while Keith desperately is tugging on my jacket to get me to continue. But I couldn’t move.

I knew that coming with him was a bad idea.

He had forced me out on a walk with him and I had agreed. I got tired of hearing him complain over how I just threw away my life on nothing at all. So I had agreed.

I regret that I had did that now, and so did Keith too. This wasn’t the reason to why he had forced me out. This wasn’t why he had taken me to this exactly place.

Lee.

Lee was here. As beautiful as ever, if not even more beautiful then he had been before. He was older now too, only four years but still. He was the same and still so different.

But the part that made my eyes tears was the black haired man next to him. The black haired man that Lee was holding hands with. They where leaning on the bridge-fence to get a better look at the water underneath them.

The wind was blowing through his still bleached hair. He looked so peaceful.

He looked happy. Both of them looked so happy. I could see how Lee looked and smiled at the man a few seconds before leaning to the side and placed a kiss on the mans lips. The man let go of Lee’s hand to lay it around Lee’s waist instead, pulling him a little bit closer.

I could have been that man.

“Please Kevin, let’s go.” Keith pleaded while doing failed attempts to pull me away. But the shock made me unable to move. “Stop looking.”

“I can’t.” the words was just a faint whisper and I could feel how he stopped to tug when he saw tears falling from my cheeks. “I ruined everything. Let me just see this.”

We stayed there the rest of the day. At least those three and half hours that were left of the day, just until Lee and the man leaved.

Hand in hand.

It was the first time I saw Lee since that time for four years ago, but I soon realised that it wasn’t the last.

I saw him everywhere. If I just looked out through the window, there he was. When I went to the store to buy food, there he was. If I got forced on a new walk, there he was. And always hand in hand with that black haired man.

I wanted to hate the man because he was together with Lee. But I couldn’t. I loved him because he made my love smile.

I hope he makes you happier then you were with me.