Cold Summer

The Past Comes Back.

“Your mother called yesterday when you where out with Matt.” Dad said as we went down the aisles of the local supermarket, the shelf’s where shorter then me.

“Oh yeah.” This wasn’t a rare occurrence. Of course it was getting rarer that I was there to answer since I was hanging out with Matt at his farm and out at the launch more and more.

“She said something about this girl Lori being in the hospital.” He said quickly brushing it off like it wasn’t important. But it stopped me in my tracks the jar of homemade jam slipped from my hand and exploded on the floor.

“Alex, are you okay?” Dad asked worriedly. The feeling, turning in the pit of my stomach came back. I felt it come up my throat and then I was throwing up on the glass mixed with jam.

That night my dreams had me screaming my father came in multiple times to wake me up from the horror that filled them. He always had a worried expression on his face. I still haven’t explained my throw up. I didn’t talk to Matt when he came over I stayed up stairs curled up in a ball.

When I woke up sweat was beading down my neck and I was staring into Matt’s dark gray eyes. “What’s wrong Alexandra?”

As he said my name my mind flashed to Fred. I took a deep breath. And then it came out in a rush, “can you do me a favor?”
♠ ♠ ♠
You should totally check out my other story, Story Book.
=P