‹ Prequel: Crash and Burn

Crashed and Burned

chapter 13

|Joe’s POV|

Those two hours that Andy was gone was murderous to me. I couldn’t sit or stand for any period of time; I had to keep myself moving. My head was flashing back to our summer together making me sigh and wish it was still then.

<Flashback>

“Ands, what are you doing?” I chuckled and I stopped playing the guitar making her look over at me.

“Just watching your brothers and girls.” she answered and I rolled my eyes and started up on the guitar again.

“They are cute couples aren’t they?” I asked pausing for a moment and she nodded happily and I gave a chuckle.

“Hey some of the simplest things make me happy.” she said making me laugh harder and the couples looked at us like we were crazy.

“Oh snap now we are crazy.” I sang and Andy laughed at me and hit my leg since she was sitting on the cement and I was on the swing.

“Can it, you’re making it worse!” Andy hissed and I just smiled at her and Alice and Nick stood walking over to us.

“Come with the sane people Andy.” Alice said and she stood walking with her and I jumped up and grabbed her from behind.

“My Andy, find your own.” I said and she sighed trying to pry my arms off but they had a tighter hold than what she thought on her.


<End Flashback>

I sigh missing the happiness I felt in the first few days that I spent with Andy and everyone else. It was so easy then and I wondered if I would ever feel that way again…with Andy. That single thought made me even more jumpy making Alice sigh.

“You are gonna kill yourself Joe, calm down.” She said looking up at me and I paused looking down at her confused.

“How can I calm down? I mean I have Andy on my brain and she won't go away. It's hard to be in love with someone who doesn't love you back.” I fell onto the couch next to her.

She gave a laugh and shook her head. “Andy loves you too; she's just scared to admit it. Remember she hides her real emotions behind anger.” She pointed out jabbing me in the stomach with her little finger.

I sighed and gave a nod remembering that day too, even though I wished I didn’t.

<Flashback>

The whole way to the airport I just sat there annoyed, mad, ticked, peeved, how ever you wish to put this feeling. Mainly it was directed at me because I was too dumb to realize that I was and had hurt the girl I'm in love with. Nick would look at me and offer a smile every few miles and Alice just sat there hugging me trying to get me to smile.

“Alice, he isn’t gonna crack this time.” Nick sighed and Alice shook her head knowing I would crack in the next minute or two.

“Nick he hurts and hugs well at least my hugs fix everything.” she replied and looked up at me and I gave a half hearted smile. “See told you.”

“Alice thank you for the hug and being like a sister to me but pay more attention to Nick. He is your boyfriend and best friend after all.” I told her and Nick stuck his tongue out at her just to mock her since she stuck hers out just a moment ago.

“Alright Joe, but once we get to Cali you know you have to cover this all up.” She reminded me and I gave a nod knowing that.

“Yes Alice and I also have to keep my promise of not saying a word about her.” I pursed my lips fighting the sigh that was coming after those words.

“Joe, if I know my little cousin she will be just as distraught as you. She just used the anger to hide it, it hurts her more than it does you, believe me.” Jenny piped up and pulled to a stop at the doors.


<End Flashback>

“I wish I never hurt her.” I muttered and Alice hugged me just like that day hoping I would give her a small smile.

“I wish I never hurt you.” Andy’s voice spoke and I looked up to see her standing there with Nick by her.

I was shocked to see her there; I didn’t hear the door open and close or Monte bark. That and the fact that she was acting like she still loved me.

“Andy…” I felt my voice waver and she smiled half heartedly then hung her head making her blonde curls cover her face.

“I never stopped loving you, even though I said I wanted you gone.” She whispered and I wrapped my arms around her knowing she was breaking down.
♠ ♠ ♠
hooray an update! =]
I almost got rid of this story but thankfully someone commented and inspired me to update and change the layout a little.
So whadda ya think?

Becky <3