Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

December 21

[Frank]
“She told me just to forget her, said she already had somebody.” I told the guys.
“Tough break Frank. But you’ll get over her.” Gerard said, brushing the hair out of his eyes.
I have no idea why, but just looking at him made me want to punch him lately. Something he’d done. I just don’t remember what.
“Anyway guys, I’m gunna go out to... buy some smokes.” I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door, ignoring the guys asking more pointless questions.

After wandering aimlessly for about an hour, I came across a cemetery.
Horribly clichéd, but I do like cemeteries. They’re just so quiet and calm.
I walked through the giant gates and headed towards the back, where the oldest graves were.

[Evie]
“Evie.”
I quickly put the box back under the bed and sat down on top, smoothing down the cover before Rayne entered the room. “You can come in.”
“Look Evie, I’m sorry. I know that you aren’t happy, but I just don’t want you trying to kill yourself again.” He stood awkwardly beside the doorway.
“It’s not like it’s worked so far.”
Rayne frowned. “Yes but it might.” He slowly walked over and sat softly next to me. “I don’t want you to die Evie.”
“It’s just that I don’t feel okay anymore. I feel like I’ve been shoved away.” I leant against him, and his long arms encircled me.
“I love you Evie. You know that right?”
“Yeah, I do.” I said into his chest.
I just wasn’t so sure I liked it.

[Frank]
I sat down underneath the shade of a giant willow planted near a family gravesite.
I began reading the plaque at the foot of the tree.
It was the “Willow Family Tree.”
I’m not sure if that’s funny, cute or stupid.
Perry Liam Willow married to Elizabeth Mary Johnson
Father of Joseph Perry Willow, who married Susanna Jane Robinson.
Parents of Jonathan Joseph Willow, who married Rochelle Hayley MacMillan.

This went on for ages. Pretty boring stuff.
All of them give birth to one son, whose middle names were the same as the first name of their father.
I scanned down to the last two names on the list.
Parents of Lucas [Luke] James Willow and Evelyn [Evie] May Willow.
Evie?
No way. This grave is ancient

After each name was the person’s date of birth, and date of death.
Lucas and Evelyn were both born on the 29th of July, on.... the year was worn away, but judging by the dates before it, a very long time ago.
Lucas died on the 14th of April, on another missing year. Evelyn’s date was missing.
Strange. Could it be that…?
No, that's just too weird.

I stood up and dusted myself off, heading towards the old, Gothic style gravestones. It was beginning to get dark, giving the area a really creepy vibe. The mausoleums seemed to stretch on forever, as big as mansions.
I wandered down the rows of graves, reading the last names, trying to guess the nationality of the deceased.
Never been particularly fond of the word deceased.
Ramania Italian?
Vanderplumb Swedish. Or Dutch. Or are they the same thing? Really should’ve payed attention in class more often
Miess Now that’s German for sure.
It was almost too dark to read by now, so I turned to leave.
Wait a minute. Did that say what I think it did?
Rayne Miess. Born July 3, 1809. Died December 21, 1838, aged 29