Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

Breath In

[Evie]
I woke up, and lay silent, staring up at the roof.
I wanted to get up and walk out of here, forever.
But I couldn’t.
Staying away from Rayne was just too hard. Like going without oxygen.
Staying away from Rayne was like having part of myself removed, and staying with him was tearing me apart. Either way I feel horrible, and I’m clinically dead regardless.
You just can’t win some days.
Rayne rolled over, placing a slender hand over my chest, and sighing faintly in his sleep. I turned, facing away from him, and he wrapped the arm around my waist.
I shuddered in revulsion. Every night I promise myself I’ll escape. And every night it ends the same.
He pulled himself closer to me, and began trailing his hand over my hip. I tried to ignore the thumping sensation in my heart.
I know this sounds like such a cliché, but it’s true, so just hear me out. Whenever he came close I felt alive again. Because I was. He made my heart beat again. He would give me life.
And then he’d take it away.
That’s why I hated him so much.
He controlled me with every touch.

[Frank]
I stood in my room, elbows rested on the windowsill, staring out into the day.
Couples were sitting outside cafes, drinking their coffees, talking and laughing. Families were out in the park, having picnics, going for walks and playing Frisbee.
The happy little scene made me want to gag.
It’s like some cliché family Hallmark card
I walked to the kitchen, pouring myself a coffee. I wandered around the apartment, picking up things and putting them away, in possibly the only clean since I’d moved in.
By the time my cup was empty, I’d managed to clean the entirety of my tiny little apartment. I set my cup down on the bench and sat down beside it, picking at the hole in my jeans. From my position up on the bench, i could see almost every room in my apartment. I looked into my bedroom, and out the window, where the sunny little scene was taking place.
Screw it, I’m going outside.
I slid off the bench and went outside, locking the door behind me.

[Evie]
We were sitting back at the “dining” table. “Dining” because no actual eating ever occurred here. It was more of a prop than anything.
“Rayne?” I said quietly. Rayne appeared beside me.
“Yes?” he said smoothly, placing his hand on my arm.
I took a deep breath in, trying to ignore my heart.
“I’m going to go for a walk, if that’s okay?” I asked, feeling my will beginning to crack under his presence.
“I suppose...” he said, taking his hand away.
I tried to gather my strength before he touched me again.
“But do you think,” he put his hand on my cheek “That you will be okay out in the sun?”
My head spun, the blood rushing to my brain all at once making me dizzy.
“I’ll be fine, I’m not very sensitive to light yet, I’ll....” Rayne placed his other hand on my neck.
Oh no
My heart was beating irregularly, until I could barely hear what he was saying. My chest heaved as my lungs tried to gather a day’s worth of oxygen.
Rayne smiled ever-so slightly.
“Oh dearest Evie, are you alright?” Rayne
I need to get out of here.
I pushed myself away from him.
“I... I’ll be back soon.” I gasped, turning and running outside, as my heart and lungs finally stopped.