Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

Rips And Tears

[Frank]
"Ugh." I muttered, gagging at the taste of mud in my mouth.
I opened my eyes.
I was lying in a bed of reeds on the riverbank. The sun was beating down on me, and I looked down on my clothes, caked with drying mud and dirty water from the river.
What am I doing here?
I groaned as I slowly sat up, feeling the aches in my body protesting with every movement.
Fight?
Drunk?
No, that's not it.

I sat in a daze for a few moments before it finally came to me.
I jumped into the river.
Why the fuck did I do that?

Then I remembered, I nearly drowned.
But somebody jumped in and saved me.
Evie
I looked around, scanning for any sight of her.
I stood up, panicked now.
"EVIE?" I spun around, searching in all directions for her.
I started pacing along the bank, looking through the leaves for her.
Preferably alive.

[Rayne]
Where is she?
She knows better than to leave for too long.
She wouldn't leave.
Would she?

I examined my hands in the flickering light, hands clenched into fists, the skin stretched tightly over knuckles.
I took a deep breath, pointless yet rather effective in calming myself, and slowly released the tension in my hands. I laid them on the table softly, and closed my eyes, taking more [totally pointless] deep breaths.
No, she wouldn't.
She'll be back soon.
She probably just stopped by the shop. That's all.
Except she would be back by now.
She'd stayed somewhere overnight.
Probably with him

My eyes snapped open in fury, and I hit my fists against the table, smashing two circular holes where my hands had once rested.
I looked down at the table, the two holes marring its beauty.
It's never been in my nature to be peaceful.
And I always seem to destroy the beautiful things.
Evie could certainly vouch for that

[Frank]
A body lay, crumpled at the base of a tree trunk, back bent at a strange angle.
"Evie!"
I rushed over, and rolled her over onto her back. Her brown hair was matted up, with a dark red patch of drying blood caked on the right side of her face.
I dropped to my knees, feeling for a pulse.
"No, no no no no no!" I yelled, frantically trying to find some sign of life.
I grabbed her in my arms, carrying her back up the bank, placing her gently on the grass. I took off my jacket, laying it over her, and noticing the rips and tears in the fabric were matched by rips and tears in my skin. Removing the jacket had opened up a cut on my arm, with blood beginning to run down my arm, along my wrist and down my fingers. Without thinking, I ran my bloody fingertips softly across her slightly parted lips.
She died saving me.