Status: On hiatus indefinitely.

This Night, Walk The Dead

Can I Get Up Now?

"What type of coffee shop is open at 1 in the morning?"
"One that caters to addicts. Now are you just gunna stand there or can I buy you a coffee so we can be even?" I asked
"Even?" he frowned.
"Yes. You gave me your jacket to wear, which might I add, is a very nice jacket, so I’m going to buy you a coffee, so that you can go home feeling like you've done a favour and had a favour returned, or whatever it is you want to believe."
"One small problem there. I can’t go home. Tonight’s gig was supposed to pay for last months rent, so technically I have no home."
Do I have the words I actually care tattooed on my head or something?
"You want this coffee or not?"
"Oh, um. Black with 2 sugars."
"That’s a good boy. Now why don’t you go get us a seat?"
I stalked off towards the counter and ordered two black coffees with two sugars. The girl behind the counter had nearly finished making them when I looked over my shoulder to see where he was sitting. He’d grabbed my favourite spot, the low lounge by the window. There was total privacy thanks to the darkness of the corner, but you could still spy on the outside world.
"He’s not a regular is he." A voice interrupted my thoughts. Not a question either.
I turned around. "You can deal with it Rayne." I should have known it would be him.
"He doesn’t even look too out of place here." He muttered
I grabbed the coffees and walked away from Rayne.
"Here," I said, placing the two coffees down on the small table. "Take whichever you want, they’re both the same."
"Who’s he?" he motioned with his eyes towards Rayne. I ignored it, so then he motioned with his head. I kept ignoring him and so he kept motioning more and more until he might have well have pointed at him.
"Very Jack Sparrow"
"Why, thank you. You didn’t answer my question though."
"No, I didn’t." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.
It was strong and it tasted awful. Just the way I liked it.
"Are you going to?" he asked
"Probably not. Where did you get this jacket by the way? I’m loving the collar." I flipped the collar up, then down, then up, then down.
"Can’t remember. Well, seeing as you aren’t going to tell me who he is, who are you?"
"Up, down, up, down." I stopped flipping my collar to have another drink.
"I will take that jacket off you in a minute."
I moved further down the end of the couch.
"Up, down, up, do-"
He dived over and grabbed both of my hands, and pinned me down, his face inches from mine.
"I could kill you right now and nobody would notice." I laughed.
He smirked. "I sincerely doubt you could kill me. Especially at the moment."
I raised my eyebrows. "Oh really?"
"Ye-"
This time I cut him off. I grabbed both of his hands, and flipped him onto the floor. Again, his face was inches from mine, but this time, I was on top.
"Das war leicht." I whispered
"I’d have a fancy comeback to that, but I have no idea what you just said."
'That was easy."
"Well…. Shut up you. What’s with all the German anyway?"
"Keeps things interesting." I shrugged. "And it keeps you guessing."
"So…. Can I finish my coffee?"
"I suppose. But I don’t just jump on strangers, so could you tell me your name first?"
"Only if you do."
"Evie."
"Frank."
"Nice to meet you Frank."
"And you Evie. Can I get up now?"

Okay, just a note here; i realise that back when MCR were still trying to get signed Jack Sparrow was just a mechanical puppet on a Disney ride.
But i assume you can deal with that.